• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm not sure what to do with the bunnies tonight

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I'm been trying to bond two bunnies since mid day. Normally i have bonded in the house but this time i'm in the garage outside. I 'm not sure whether to try and continue sitting out here all night (its pretty cold) or go inside stay awake ish and go out and check every half hour OR put them both in a carrier over night in the bonding run so they are close to each other ? Not sure how close they haven t shown any negative signs of bonding. I m off work again tomorrow so can start again in the morning.

Sounds like you've made your decision. I think I would do the same. Unless I was prepared for a cold and sleepless night, I would leave them where they are but separated so that they can't hurt each other. It only takes a few seconds for a major scrap to kick off, especially when they are at their most active during the late evening/early morning. For my own peace of mind, I'd separate but keep them close together, and then start again early in the morning. Failing that, I'd get a heater and a thick sleeping bag and settle down for the night in the garage :shock::lol:. Good luck!

Their homes are not that close together so don t want to put them back in there. I think perhaps in the carrier might be the best thing just wasn t sure! Barely room for me and the chair in the garage let alone anything else so sleeping in here would be a very cold and un comfortable kip! They are both sitting quite relaxed at the moment but not next to each other.

I don't know if I would leave a bunny in a carrier overnight :/

Personally I would just seperate and reintroduce in the morning. It's how one of my pairs were bonded and it has worked well

I don't know if I would leave a bunny in a carrier overnight :/

Personally I would just seperate and reintroduce in the morning. It's how one of my pairs were bonded and it has worked well

after speaking to one of my 'rabbity' friends last night i decided to put them both back in their hutches. Was so glad to be in a warm house last night after nine hours in the garage ! Will start the bonding again this morning

I was always told never to separate them once you have started bonding and I never did. I just hoped for the best and it always happened.

I was always told never to separate them once you have started bonding and I never did. I just hoped for the best and it always happened.

In the past thats what I have always done, but normally I've bonded in the house where I can move away but still hear if any problems arose. Unfortunately I am now having to bond in my garage.....they showed no signs of bonding yesterday to be honest so in the end I decided it was for the best. Bit frustrating though as normally just bond over 2 days and thats it job done! Fingers crossed for today.

Back