• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with rabbits who are blind/can't see well

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Do yours binky? Sebastian binkies quite a lot since moving into the shed and run :)love:) but I've never seen Imogen binky, not even when she free ranges. I wonder if its because she can't see very well? She runs around fairly well but normally following close behind Sebastian, when shes alone she is much slower.

My old boy Mr Yug is 15 years old, blind and slightly deaf and he still manages to binky when he's free roaming :lol: Its not a leaping jump binky; He sort of hops forward a bit while doing a head binky. Its surprises me just to see he can still manage that!

Olly only really uses one eye, he has a head tilt, and his down eye seems pretty useless. But he binkies more than honey!! :love:

Yup. But I have others who don't. I think it's to do with the ability to really let themselves go, which not every bunny can/does or wants to.

there's occasionally a head shake in there! but generally not much!

Yup. But I have others who don't. I think it's to do with the ability to really let themselves go, which not every bunny can/does or wants to.

yes, I think you're right. It's taken a very long time to build what trust she has in me and she's been here almost a year, maybe one day she'll let go :love: I think if she was an indoor bunny she'd be a bit more relaxed but that can't happen sadly

My old boy Mr Yug is 15 years old, blind and slightly deaf and he still manages to binky when he's free roaming :lol: Its not a leaping jump binky; He sort of hops forward a bit while doing a head binky. Its surprises me just to see he can still manage that!

totally missed the 15 part of this! Wow! Can we see some pictures?! :D

Grimlock doesn't really binkie. He does in my parents garden sometimes and he does HUGE ones, but not very often.

Back