• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead pictures added

OwnedByRabbits

Warren Veteran
Is there a certain age that double manned lionheads get their mane, Fudge just looks like a ball of fluff, her mane is the same length as her fur

IMG-20121110-02709.jpg

IMG-20121110-02708.jpg

Last edited:
How old is he?

Baby fluff will moult out about 16 weeks or so. Winter coats will be fluffier than summer coats.

Equally, there is also a 'type' of lionhead called a 'teddy lionhead' where they are genetically double maned, but don't show the typical double maned presentation and just remain all fluffy, so you might find that might happen with Fudge.

Think we need photos though ;)

How old is he?

Baby fluff will moult out about 16 weeks or so. Winter coats will be fluffier than summer coats.

Equally, there is also a 'type' of lionhead called a 'teddy lionhead' where they are genetically double maned, but don't show the typical double maned presentation and just remain all fluffy, so you might find that might happen with Fudge.

Think we need photos though ;)

added

:love::love::love::love::love:

He actually just does look like a double mane lionhead. And a beautiful one :love: You may find he gets sleeker in the summer though.

she doesnt seem to grow :lol:

Sorry, she.

How old is she? If you're not sure then maybe she is just an adult?

Or equally, if she is young but not growing then, as a very fluffy bunny, she will need more protein in her diet than regular short haired bunnies and you may need to up her protein content.

Imogens mane is pretty pants but it is there somewhere :lol: I think each moult brings on more fluff, Imogens mane is certainly more fluffy now than when she first arrived :)

Imogens mane is pretty pants but it is there somewhere :lol: I think each moult brings on more fluff, Imogens mane is certainly more fluffy now than when she first arrived :)

Could well be to do with a diet that suited her better :) Seen that happen a few times.

:wave: this is gem and poppy, my double-mained lionheads, they have always had their manes, but gem is a lot lot fluffier than pops, they were only babies when i rescued them, they are about 16 months old now.

gem

P070712_1746.jpg

poppy

P080712_1525.jpg

and when i first had them, poppys going through a moult at the moment and she's lost her skirt

P091011_1547_01-2.jpg

:love::love::love:

Back