• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of my 4 off my new camera :)

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Please bear in mind I have noooo idea how to use this camera yet!

Timmy (Anyone know how to make him look less blindingly gleaming!?)

P1020074.jpg

Mimi (The hardest of all to get good photos off, not a photogenic girl atall bless her but sooo beautiful in real life!)

P1020214.jpg

Max (I ADORE this photo, he'd been stealing my apple and has juice on is nose!)

P1020114.jpg

Charlotte

P1020183.jpg

:love::love::love:

Lovely :)

And in response as to make him less 'shiny' - turn off the flash, and close the shutter down a little, or open it up a little if its then too dark :) (if its that kind of camera that is!)

using the Macro setting is best for close up. It might be a little flower icon on your camera.
:thumb:

You're buns are very beautiful.

Just to avoid any confusion (easy with a new camera!), I think graham means the aperture when he says close the shutter down a little?

I can't remember if you can turn the flash off in auto, if not you might need to switch it to P (you have the D3200 right?). You'll probably find that indoors it will give you quite a long exposure to get enough light in, so you'll need to hold the camera really still, but it will be much nicer light than the flash :thumb:

those photos are lovely though, especially the one of max :love:

Thanks everyone :love:

Wonderful wonderful photos. :love::love::love:

I want your camera. What make is it ?

Its a Lumix G3, we got it off our friend who is a pro photographer. Its amazing, even for a photography virgin like me photos come out looking amazing.
I think it helps that I have such beautiful subjects :love:

Thanks everyone :love:

Its a Lumix G3, we got it off our friend who is a pro photographer. Its amazing, even for a photography virgin like me photos come out looking amazing.
I think it helps that I have such beautiful subjects :love:

I knew you were gonna say a G3, I have a G3 and its amazing!!! Close the flash, and add light using the button - start of at .5 and if its still dark, work your way up.

Auto is great on this camera, but put it on A and set it at around 5.6 to start with, and set the white balance to indoors and the photos will be A-MAZING!!!

Altho, if hes really shiny in 'real life' it'll still pick up all the colours - rupert is shiny and it always shows.

Also, set the metering mode to single and focus on their eyes :D

Last edited:
Back