• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny died in my hands

DomaNikki

Mama Doe
:cry: I can't even put a sentence together right now .... :cry:

the litter are 3 weeks old and I had already lost two and the third passed in my hands tonight. I don't know why but he just shutdown in front of me and I even saw him take his last breathe. So sad and i'm crying like crazy. Its the saddest thing I ever witnessed

Makes me feel like such a **** owner! The litter wasn't planned but i'm trying my best. I know this can happen in litters but.... I don't know..... :cry:

:cry: how terribly tragic :cry:

Sadly this does happen sometimes but maybe there was something wrong with them and nature has taken its course.

At least the baby bunny was having a lovely cuddle from you and wasn't on his own when he passed.

Binky free kittens :cry:

:cry: how terribly tragic :cry:

Sadly this does happen sometimes but maybe there was something wrong with them and nature has taken its course.

At least the baby bunny was having a lovely cuddle from you and wasn't on his own when he passed.

Binky free kittens :cry:

i agree, little bubba was being loved when they drifted to the bridge. rip little babes

I'm so sorry how horrible for you.

Hopefully it was nature's way of preventing a worse suffering in the future.

Binky free baby bunny xx

Thanks guys, still feeling a bit low today. My eyes are sore from crying too :(

I tried my best it's all I can do I guess x

My friend lost a litter of seven.
They were two weeks old, and everything went well and then 6 died and the 7th died two days later. You just never know what is wrong. It's so sad and I'm so sorry.

That's very sad - are there any kits left?

Missy gave birth to eight kits originally and there are now five.

It's been hard but I check on them everyday before and after work and on the weekends I am constantly checking on them throughout the day :)

My friend lost a litter of seven.
They were two weeks old, and everything went well and then 6 died and the 7th died two days later. You just never know what is wrong. It's so sad and I'm so sorry.

This sounds very traumatic :( Fingers crossed these guys make it through x

Back