• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered male grunting and falling off doe??

I once had a neutered buck who lived with a unneutered doe and she was pestering him to be mated with. He was rather clever because he mounted her and then poked one of his claws into her so she would think she had been mated with. Then he looked straight at me 'cos he knew I was watching. So, anything is possible to keep the females happy.

It was the first time they have met face to face today,
And we let them get on with the 'humping' know its quite normal, but he grunted and collapsed to the floor, I know what that means, so was a little concerned,

She is an older bun, and dont want babies thats for sure, yet shes too fat to be neutered yet, both are rescues, another rescue had him nuetered so know he is, but never seen them grunt and fall, he only did it the once

His hormones may not have died down completely so my advice would be to split them and leave him another 2 weeks at least beofre trying again

if he has previously been used for breeding, or just one of the more highly sex drive buns, he may always hump. Over the years I have met 2 , long time neutered males who just wouldn't stop humping..and I mean hours, who we decided not to bond

not 100% sure when, we have had him 3 weeks though,
He is about 9months, been in rescue for 6months, since about 10 weeks old

His hormones may not have died down completely so my advice would be to split them and leave him another 2 weeks at least beofre trying again

if he has previously been used for breeding, or just one of the more highly sex drive buns, he may always hump. Over the years I have met 2 , long time neutered males who just wouldn't stop humping..and I mean hours, who we decided not to bond

Men! :rolleyes:

Back