• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Close Call (Still fuming...)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
After coming back from town with a full grocery load, OH brought bottled water cases and a 12 pack of soda in to the house and basically threw them on the kitchen counter...
And the soda pack slid off the water...
And fell...
And crashed into Mimzy's x-pen...
:shock::shock::shock:
And luckily the majority of the cans came out on the counter before the remainder and box tumbled down... but one can flew and either struck him directly on the back or bounced and hit him...I can't recall now which it was because I was so horrified thinking the whole thing was going to crush him. :cry::cry::cry:

I think he's okay, but it had to have thumped him pretty soundly. He did not cry out or give indication of pain but I keep him on daily metacam so between that and his usual stoicism I can't tell how he took it.
It's been several hours and he ate right afterwards and moved about fine.

I'm going to have a bad night replaying that moment in my head though.
OH did apologise and after returning to his own place did call to be sure he was well.

I really need a better SAFER enclosure for them all. God forbid the entire weight of that pack had come down on his head. I'd be incarcerated right now. :(

I'm glad he is ok. I hope the OH can learn as well. Try not to focus too much on it (I know it will be impossible not to think about it). Count is as a lucky escape and therefore something to learn from. :)

Thanks all. :) If we didn't live at least 45 minutes from their vet on a bad road perhaps it wouldn't bug me like it does, but I'm settled now and Mimz seems well in himself. Gave me a ration of starch when I cleaned him up tonight, so I'm guessing he's fine. Just wanted to be sure there's nothing I should watch for in his movement or behavior.

Silly bub actually took a second or two to react to the can landing on him. Then he kind of shook his head and went at it like, "Hm...this is new...Mum's never fed me something like this before...."
:roll:

Back