• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gadget , the awesome rabbit

Neill

Warren Scout
Well im new to this forum and it appears that ive entered a mainly female world , which im cool with . I cant contribute to the thread about bra sizes or the biggest lie, as we all know men dont lie ;). I go on a few motorbike forums and the banter is very different

However , you all seem to love a rabbit story , so let me tell you about " Gadget " , he passed away a few years ago but this rabbit still crops up in conversation due to his extraodinary personality . He was the only rabbit that we ever got from a pet shop as we wanted a baby to bond with our 2 yr old dominant lop.
we handled over 20 babies in the pet shop and this particular rabbit was the only one who just sat in your hand with out moving, very docile, all the others wriggled to get down. This rabbit was the only black one and all the other multicoloured ones seemed more attractive and appealing , we followed our strategy and picked the boring all black, with one ear up and one ear down.
We called him gadget as when he became scared his ears would plane out like a helicopter blades and my wife said it was like Inspector gadgets ( cartoon ) helicopter hat .
Our dominat lop , Dylan took to him instantly, a little black ball was no threat to him.
After a few months Dylan suddenly died and gadget became a lone bunny and as both my daughters were so upset Gadget got a lot more human attention and interaction than he would have normally had , spending most of his time in their bedrooms ect.
Gadget became the one in a thousand rabbit that you talk about . He craved human attention even when his belly was full. Every night without fail he would jump up onto the sofa and lie next to my wife for 2 or three hours and go to sleep, he had his own moth eaten cushion next to her. Every night at about 10 pm he would take him self upstairs and wait on the landing , as we approached the stairs his head would poke between the rails looking for us . He had a cat litter tray upstairs which he slept in but never soiled. At around 7 .30 every morning he would head butt the bedroom door open and come barraling in, jumping on the bed in his younger days . This routine he did every single day for the 9 years of his life . We would get up and he would follow us downstairs and straight to his litter tray as hed been holding everything in all night . He never once ventured downstairs in the night without us. If i was laying on the sofa he would jump up on my chest , settle and go to sleep, if you were stroking him and stopped he would nudge the underside of your hand until you started again. After breakfast gadget would paw at the patio doors for a quick jaunt outside ans then paw his way back in again.
After nine happy years ,his back legs started to get weak and we just carried him upstairs . He became ill with a nasty mouth absess and it was time to take him to the vet . Both my daughters came home from uni to say their goodbyes and have a final cuddle , then i took him. I held gadget on the table while the vet administered the injection and then that was it , his suffering was over. I managed to hold it all in until i got outside in the car with his limp body, i sobbed all the way home
Hes now rested in a champagne box buried under our willow tree.:)

3-1.jpg

Gadget when he was about 6 , with a rescue , ollie that we bonded for gadgets final years

1-2.jpg

I came downstairs one day and found a squirell nicking gadgets food so i set this up

Last edited:
Binky Free at the Bridge Gadget, you will be reunited with Dylan now xx

I am so sorry for loss :(
Gadget sounds like he was so happy and full of character x

Wow, gadget was clearly a very well loved, happy and stunning bun :love::love::love:

He clearly lived the life of Riley!

Binky free little one, you are clearly very very missed xxx

What a lovely tale :love::love: Gadget was one spoilt rotten bunny hey? :love::love: the best kind of bunny of course :D Binky Free at the Bridge xxx

There are a few blokes here (Stator, Hessen, Watermouse, MartynT and GrahamL to name a few!) I'm sure you'll fit in nicely!

Hello and welcome (fellow biker) to RU.:wave:

What a lovely story about Gadget. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You'll find loads of helpful advice and support on here.

Enjoy.

welcome to the forum, we have a few male member son here, so you should fit in no problem, gadget seemed like a lovely bun, thankyou for sharing his story and video :love:

i can;t get your facebook links to work

Awww .what a cute wee bunny... bless him...

dont you worry. I know the feeling I'm on a car forum predominantly male. but you'll hold your own...

All the best

Fee xxx

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story! Gadget sounded amazing and you must miss him very much.

Thank you also for sharing the awesome video..mad me laugh after crying at your story!!

Gadget's story is just the kind of thing i look for my Bunny mad magazine so if you'd like him to be included please get in touch!

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story! Gadget sounded amazing and you must miss him very much.

Thank you also for sharing the awesome video..mad me laugh after crying at your story!!

Gadget's story is just the kind of thing i look for my Bunny mad magazine so if you'd like him to be included please get in touch!

yes it would be an honour to have gadgets story included ,

Awwww, I nearly cried! :(

I can't see your photos either, I suspect they're set up as private on your Facebook account? If you can upload them somewhere else (Photobucket for example), then you could post them so we can all see your lovely bunny :) The video was funny though :lol:

Back