• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you wish you could have more rabbits???

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
I currently have 2 rabbits and I know that people on this forum normally have 2 or more. Do you wish you could have more Rabbits. I do, I wish I could have another two, I would keep them in the spare bedroom and if that was not possible I would even have them in my room. But I know this is never going to happen:(

as much as I want to bring cute bunnies home when I see them, I'm very happy with mine just as they are :love:
If a rescue conti came along locally I might change my mind.....:oops:

I do! I only have one and I'm dying to get her a friend but I'm still living at home and I'm being strictly limited to one :( Can't wait to move out and get her a friend or two though!

I wish I could have 2 more so Leo and Poppy could have a friend, but it wouldn't be fair because we still live at home and not allowed any more at the moment. Even though we can accommodate and afford them.

I really want one more but... it's just a case of finding a bun both my buns like, and who likes them back :lol:

I have 17 and I do wish I had more, but those I wish I had are those waiting at the Bridge.

For now, my 17 are here and I'm happy as they are. Over probably the next two years or so my numbers are going to plummet dramaticallt due to age and health problems and I'm going to naturally reduce my numbers. I don't envisage ever having no rabbits, and I also envisage that any I do have are the 'problem' ones that are a challenge to get adopted, for whatever reason. :love:

I'd absolutely love a trio but I'm too scared of messing up things between my two and, even worse, having to find room for 3 singles.

I currently have eleven bunnies and would love to get a wife for Hovis. He has had two unsuccessful bonds so far and now lives alone.

I have recently been made redundant and am looking for work so until I find employment I wouldn't consider getting any more pets - I am struggling to look after the ones I do have.

I have my two and I don't want anymore. I'd only want one "set" of rabbits (eg a group of 3 or 4 rather than two couples) because I'd probably have one pair in and one pair out and then I'd feel like I was being mean to the outside ones as the indoor ones would inevitably get more attention :( (not that people who do this are doing something wrong, it's just how I would feel if I did this, I can be a bit weird :p) and if I had two pairs separate I'd feel like I was spreading myself a bit thin trying to give them lots of and equal amounts of attention! And then I wouldn't want to bond another one with mine because I wouldn't want to risk my twos' bond, they're so loved up I'd be devastated if they lost that! Also, I only have two hands!!! I have the exact amount for when mine sprint up to me and bow down for headrubs! If there were three nudging me at the same time I wouldn't have enough hands!!!

I'm definitely content with just the two for now!!

I wish I could have more but wouldn't actually get more. I would love a bonded pair of giant buns one day though.

I wish I could have 2 more so Leo and Poppy could have a friend, but it wouldn't be fair because we still live at home and not allowed any more at the moment. Even though we can accommodate and afford them.
I know this is a stupid question because your so experienced with rabbits :oops:but have Leo and poppy been attempted to be bonded with each other:?

Nope, definitely not.

I have 3, only got my second one because I felt Poppy should have a friend (it was the best thing & worked out great). However, having a 3rd has added no end of stress & mess, I love her to bits but the even the thought of more may be enough to send me over the edge. I only got my third because my heart ruled my head, the thought of jer living alone all her life (as she would have), was too much for me to bear.

I'd love to have more now but hoping to foster next year when we have finished the garden and have an amazing outdoor set up!

I know this is a stupid question because your so experienced with rabbits :oops:but have Leo and poppy been attempted to be bonded with each other:?

Yep:lol: but we weren't expecting to acquire Leo and were looking for a friend for Poppy. We tried it but their needs are too different. Poppy needs constant food because she only has a few teeth and cant eat hay and Leo needs less food and more hay because of his teeth:lol: they did look lovely together and Poppy loved it:love: but it just wouldn't have worked unfortunately :(

I don't think I could handle any more rabbits :(

As much as I love my two, I worry if they are getting the best care with me as I don't have much time anymore add to that by the time I get home it's normally pitch black, and there's only ever someone home minimum of 2 weekdays a week, so they get time in their run over winter for 5/7 days a week, maybe 6/7 depending on weather and if we are home on weekends....

It's not the best situation, add to that they're outside this winter, I do worry about them. Just hope they'll be okay.

So I wouldn't get more than 2 rabbits, I would always ensure they have a partner tho... But then when does it end :lol:

Nope :lol: The only exception would be if I could afford to give them absolutely everything and enjoyed spending hours at a time in the freezing cold shoveling up their poo (or have the money to pay someone else to!), in which case I'd have loads :lol: Don't get me wrong, I love my rabbits, but I don't want any more

Back