• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying instead of rescuing.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
...I just saw this on someone's instagram I follow. Someone else had commented on their picture of their bun they rescued to bond with their other rabbit.

"Yh I'm not gettin a rescue one coz yu have to have 2 an I only want one so I'm buyin it. Don't hav to have some ugly big huthc an run for it then haha!"

:shock: :cry: If that is the mind set of everyone, no wonder there are so many going into rescues every year:cry:

..why do I have to care so much :( it frustrates me :evil::( ...and I hate text speak :evil:

That is horrible! Some people just don't care really do they!!

So where do they plan n keeping this rabbit if they are not planning on buying an 'ugly big hutch and run' for the rabbit?! Very sad!!

That is horrible! Some people just don't care really do they!!

So where do they plan n keeping this rabbit if they are not planning on buying an 'ugly big hutch and run' for the rabbit?! Very sad!!

She had a black lash off the girl who had originally posted which I enjoyed reading!

I imagine some 4ft number to make sure it doesn't take up too much space :(

:evil:

I joined a 'rabbits for sale in nottinghamshire' page on facebook that I came across the link to and it astounds me :( breeders selling off bunnies for £5 or £10 and dont care where they are going to...alot of 'need rid asap' ones aswell...breaks my heart :( Pics of them all in tiny filthy cages too :(

I joined a 'rabbits for sale in nottinghamshire' page on facebook that I came across the link to and it astounds me :( breeders selling off bunnies for £5 or £10 and dont care where they are going to...alot of 'need rid asap' ones aswell...breaks my heart :( Pics of them all in tiny filthy cages too :(

:( I just wish they would stop, there is no point in them breeding/selling more because it just means more being turned away from rescues and more rescues being hard pushed :( I'm sure they could do without that £5 :? :( :evil: selling stuff on eBay would be an easier way of making money rather than creating a rubbish life for these animals :( they could have a good life but.. Not many are educated in their care, or even.. Care!

But we keep swimming! :thumb:

When I was looking into having Spenser, I was under a fair bit of pressure to get a baby rabbit from a breeder, but I resisted. I didn't know any rescues then, but Spenser was rehomed not bought. Even now, some people think that I would have more bunny cuddles if I had gone for a baby bun. I know this isn't necessarily true, and love my boy just as he is - stubborn, spoilt and very much ruling the roost!

Back