• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Honeypigs

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We had these two absolutely beautiful pairs come in to us yesterday via the Piggy Bank

first two 8 month old girls
Tiwi and Esk :love:

TiwiandEsk.jpg

Tiwi on her own

Tiwi.jpg

and the lovely lilac Esk

Esk.jpg

then a mum and daughter pair. Ginger mum is 4 1/2 years old and daughter is 3 1/2
and this lucky pair already have a great home to go to...don't they Karen? ;)

Raine and Manda

RaineandManda.jpg

gorgeous piggies :love: but what is the piggy bank?

an organisation of volunteers and rescues
the rescues are all checked so they offer a good standard of care and general practice
and the volunteers do all they can to help pigs in needs, such as tranporting fostering etc
and it is well co ordinated
check out the guinea pig forum for more info :D

an organisation of volunteers and rescues
the rescues are all checked so they offer a good standard of care and general practice
and the volunteers do all they can to help pigs in needs, such as tranporting fostering etc
and it is well co ordinated
check out the guinea pig forum for more info :D

well what a great name the piggy bank....i love it!

an empty hutch?? that is just not allowed..not when we have several pairs needing homes

Maybe I ought to start looking more closley at piggies then ;) yes an EMPTY 5ft double hutch...the only problem I have is that I dont really have anywhere spacious enough for them if they had to come in during the snow etc :( thats what worries me :(

ETA I actually will have two empty hutches but one really needs to be binned (dam P@H for selling **** quality hutches! :roll: )

Where can i find more info on your piggies needing a home?

these 2 girls are already reserved :D

but we do have others

and yes they mustn't be in temps of freezing..so protection over hutch and preferable against a wall or simliar..must be checked twice a day when cold to make sure hay isn't wet. Guineas are messie than bunnis so need cleaning all area more

but for now lovely pair of neutered boars
Zanzibar and Tomba

TombaZanzibar.jpg

another pair of neutered boys
Davis and Dorsey..not great pic and their eyes do not glow!!

Davisdorsey.jpg

and long termers..neutered boy Hoy ( rexy x) and his wife Bali

hoybali.jpg

and very nervous pair of sows
Pico and Paxi

PicoPaxi.jpg

So a hutch cover (which i have), stacks of hay (which I have) and snugglesafes (which I have 5 of) would suffice then? ;)

:thumb: You can also make the inside of the hutch extra cosy by adding say a plastic box (placed on it's side) which is then stuffed with hay - acts as a sort of double skin against the elements. Plus some fleecy cosies etc :thumb: Doesn't really sound like you'd have to buy any additional kit though :thumb:

Back