• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit house furnishings

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I need a table about 1-1.5 feet high to go in the bunnies' aviary so they can get off of the roof of their 2 foot 2 inch high hutch, they get up fine but Lilly is nervous getting down and Harvey just can't do it!

I'm looking for something weatherproof, suitable for bunnies to jump on (not too slippy, although this doesn't matter so much as I can put something in top to stop this) and also cheap!

Does anyone have anything like that? If so where did you get it from?! I've looked over the internet and can't find anything suitable :(

I've seen lots of people use these...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20011408/

Prob a bit sloppy but that's easily fixable with a doormat or something! It also might not last years as it is wood based but I'd reckon it'd survive a fair bit of rain!

Or use a plastic garden chair?

Ooo I like the look of that! I'm wondering if it would last long though, but at £5 it might be worth a try! I'd def put a mat on top though! The only chairs I've got are metal and have plastic slats so would rust in the rain and I'd worry the bunnies' paws would get stuck between the slats. I looked at getting one new but there's nothing cheap, non-slatted and that can be bought as a single that I like :(

I built my own little table for N&T and just painted it with the same paint I used for the shed:

421023_10151395667100094_1604392908_n.jpg

I'm also the person who's used lack tables. I personally didn't find them too slippy as I had them all lined up with walls around 3 sides. However, if the table isn't 'fenced in' I'd say it'd be slippy yes. But you can remedy this by putting a mat on top, like you say. A rubber one would be good, maybe a rubber door mat?

The only thing I'd say about the lack tables is they're made of bits of wood/fibre stuff stuck together, and the feet really soak up moisture. A few times N&T missed the tray or I dropped water and the water just soaked up into the legs and stayed there. The bottoms ended up really tatty because of it. So if you wanna use them outside I'd try to make sure they were as far from incoming rain as possible and try to put the legs up on something rather than just on the concrete/grass, as they will just soak anything up! :wave:

That table looks really good yaretzi :thumb: I'll have to see if I have any suitable spare wood to have a go, not sure if it'll turn out well though :lol:

I have moved the dig box to elsewhere as the reason Harvey wouldn't jump down to it was that he'd bang his chin on the edge :( it's too high for him to jump down though without a step! Lilly goes up and down straight from the floor no problem though. At the moment I've built some stairs with some breeze blocks so I'm going to see how they get on with them.

I've spied on them from the window and Harvey does use them, but if I'm out there he'd rather be carried so sits up there for ages, usually passing the time by washing so at least he's probably not scared, and then I'll walk up to him and he'll run to me to be picked up :roll: he's a bit of a wimp really!

Back