• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you pay??

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
First of all sorry is this is in the wrong forum, it wouldn't let me do it in the buying and selling forums so I just put it in here.
Anyway I'm not planning selling these on here but what would you pay or expect someone to pay.
It is a hay feeder with a lid top with four small legs ( to stop it getting wet) it is mesh on every side and the rest is wood. It's bigger enough for four rabbits maybe more, depends on how big your rabbits are but I don't know what the chances are of four rabbits eating at the same time. Every side is 300mm I'm not sure about the height but I think it's around the same.
Buddy1999
[/URL][/IMG]

From your description this is a 12 inch cube which comprises a wood frame covered in a largish size chicken wire with a wooden roof on legs.

You may find that unless you are using offcuts of wood that it costs more to make than you will be able to sell them for particuarly once you need to secure the lid in place.

Considering the ikea bag holders cost about £2 and are enough for a pair of buns for the majority of a day you would be unlikely to get anything more than £5 for these

i wouldn't want it, sorry. the wire looks just right for a bunny leg to get stuck in and possibly break.
rabbits like to scratch and scrabble in their hay to find just the right piece and the box doesn't allow that - if they try to scratch they'll put nails out on the wire.
mine would like sitting on top though.:)

i wouldn't want it, sorry. the wire looks just right for a bunny leg to get stuck in and possibly break.
rabbits like to scratch and scrabble in their hay to find just the right piece and the box doesn't allow that - if they try to scratch they'll put nails out on the wire.
mine would like sitting on top though.:)

I think mine would too.

Once the amount inside starts to drop I would be concerned that the bunnies would have trouble getting access to the hay

I too would be worried that when the hay got low inside the buns wouldnt be able to get to it :? Plus mine would ALL poop around it while they ate! :roll: Mine all deffinatly like to dig and snuggle into their hay as they munch :thumb:

It doesn't look safe to me I'm afraid - the mesh is simply sticking out at the top and bottom (and possibly where it joins on the side too), that could cause a serious injury which could result in a bunny losing an eye! There's no way I'd buy one I'm afraid, especially because it is possible to buy things that do the job much more safely and hygienically for just a couple of pounds.

I wouldn't use it. I'd be worried about the wire and bunnies cutting or rubbing their mouths on it, plus they like to rummage through hay and I like to hide stuff in there for them to find, which they wouldn't be able to do with something like this.

Back