• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Home now but will have ongoing root prob Vibes for Babydarlings eye flush today.

Thank you all so much. Babydarling seems fine in himself. Although my poor wee chap runs as soon as I open the aviary door.

His eye looks alot better but I knew it still hadn't healed as well as it should have. James took all 3 chins to the vets first thing this morning. They always go together and luckily they never get stressed.

Vet agreed eye still not fully healed and a flush would be the best treatment to clear the infection. Unfortunately it is always going to be a weakness but at least this time we have dealt with it quickly. Took months to clear last year.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes. :love:

Babydarling is home now. I really scrubbed out their aviary, including all the shelves. Babydarling does look a lot brighter and is running around looking very pleased with himself.

The vet told James, that a root is pressing against his tear duct and this will always a problem. He said it is not worth taking his tooth out as from his experience it has not made a real difference and Babydarling would be with one less tooth.

His did get some pus out of the tear duct, so lets hope the infection clears up nicely now. I can certainly see the difference already.

Bless him. :love: I was at work earlier, or would have sent my vibes. Will he be able to take his sand baths regularly?

Bless him. :love: I was at work earlier, or would have sent my vibes. Will he be able to take his sand baths regularly?

Thanks. I won't give him one for a week to let everything heal nicely.

Chinchillas need regular sand baths to keep their fur in good condition. They shut their eyes. Although some may get in. It maybe a risk, but not having a sand bath would also be bad for his health. They didn't have one until Friday, after the recent vet visit, and after a week you can really notice the difference. When I put the bath in they were desperate.

Actually I will ring back. I didn't talk to the vet, only reception earlier.

Back