• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Treats

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
I see on here a few times about people baking rabbit treats.
I would like to give them a go, and make some for the buns (all 41 of them) and practise to make some for christmas for them all as we are spending out a fortune on thermawrap, plastic sheeting, fly netting for the whole patio money will be tight but dont want to leave them out.

You have to bake them for a long time as you're basically drying them out. I keep meaning to try them in my dehydrator but keep forgetting.

But how do you make them haha?
Seen as my plan to finish painting the inside of the hutches (to brighten them all) has been ruined by the rain :censored: I need another plan to keep me busy!

Crushed pellets, oats and then something wet like carrot or apple grated and a little water to make a dough. :)

Organic Porridge Oats
Crushed Pellets
Ellas Kitchen Organic Baby Food - fruit or vegetable purees.
Dried fruits or fresh herbs

(I don't have exact measurements because I just chuck it all in)

Pour the baby food, crushed pellets and dried fruit or herbs into a bowl and mix together.
Add in as many porridge oats as necessary to make the mixture stick together in a big ball.
Roll into small balls and put onto a baking tray.
Bake in the oven (180 degrees) for about 10 minutes on each side, then turn the oven off and leave overnight in the oven to harden.

If you make them small enough I can get 50 out of this set of instructions :) so you might want to double up to make a few more for your many bunnies!

Thanks everyone,
Something for me to do during the week, my plan of painting the inside of the hutches is out the window now its raining,
Ive put a first coat on 1, its dried pretty quick, but not sure how quick second coat will take to dry, boo!

So want them all painted before its too cold

There is a recipe in issue 14 of Bunny Mad magazine! its been very popular!! such a cheap way to make treats and great because you know exactly what goes into them!

Back