• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG OH has just rushed Herbie to the vet update ???

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
He went out to feed him and his eyes are really sore looking with some goo coming out of one of them.

He also said he sneezed.

Thank god he is at home today. Im waiting to hear, what do you think it could be?

Last edited:
We had these symptoms in 3 of our buns, and I hope your bun is different, but it was myxi all 3 times.

Not Myxo vibes, let us know how bun gets on x

Oh No, I am praying that it isnt.

Herbie is one of the cutest buns, he is a black dutch, so gorgeous. Please let it not be myxi :cry:

He is the one in my signature pic, we have had these three since they were 12 weeks old.

Please dont get too upset, it might not be,
He might have just caught a bit of a cold being outside,
I love dutch too have a choc, an agouti, 2 yellows, 2 blacks and a blue, they are such a lovely breed.

I have everything crossed for you xx

Please dont get too upset, it might not be,
He might have just caught a bit of a cold being outside,
I love dutch too have a choc, an agouti, 2 yellows, 2 blacks and a blue, they are such a lovely breed.

I have everything crossed for you xx

Thanks I really hope this is it. Do you know how it would be treated if it is a cold?

OH just called, the vet said that it is inconclusive.

Herbs is showing signs of conjunctivisus and a viral infection (ears are hot)

Vet said that this could also be early signs of Myxi but by the time blood test results come through it will be all over for Herbs :cry:

He has given him eye drops and antibiotics for 10 days. We will have to monitor him really closely.

He has advised separating him from Fudge, is that the right thing to do? I think that 10 days is too long for them to be apart and their bond will be broken, they will both be sad and lonely and cold.

Please help RU, whats the best thing? I cant think straight

I personally would not separate them, but I cannot say that is 'right' for you as it goes against what the Vet said. I just feel that the stress of separation is the last thing he needs right now

Did the Vet also administer Metacam. This would help as an anti-inflammatory/antipyretic

Is Herbie up to date with his vaccinations ?

I wouldn't separate them either.

I don't know what else to say, but didn't want to read and run. sending get well vibes Xxx

You will know if it is Myxo probably by the end of the day, he will worsen rapidly (ears and face will swell, back of the head/base of the neck will swell and genitals will swell, I dont know what happens after this, we have always taken them to the vets as soon as we have seen symptoms,
I would hope that this time of year it wouldn't be, but you never know,

Wishing him a speedy recovery

OMG!! what a worry for you, i pray its not myxy and that he feels better very soon. I personally wouldn't seperate him either as they will obviously have a very close bond.
thoughts are with you x

Thanks so much, he seems to be doing ok at the mo, he took his meds no prob, I have brought him and Fudge indoors, they are in the spare bathroom which is pretty big so they should be ok, it quite cold in there. I guess we will see over the next few days.

4th day in meds, still no improvement, he is still eating buy I can see he is uncomfortable.

The vet said to try to get him through the the 10 days but I am going to take him back within the next day or 2 f there is still no improvement tomorrow.

Do you think there should be an improvement by now?

Back