• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone who's switched to a top-filling or sippy water bottle - which one did you buy?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
As above, what one did you buy? Do you recommend it or not, and if so why not? A link would be fab!

Thinking of moving N&T to top-filling, non-drippy water bottles and there's so many choices that I'm pretty stumped and don't know how to choose between them.

Secondly, how long did it take your buns to get used to it?

They do have a bowl of water too but they don't use it.

Thank you!

I tried a couple of sippy's for the rats and they always leaked so I went back to the regular ball ones.

I've used 2 Ferplast Sippys - the hamster one and the rabbit one. They didn't leak, but they will leak if jogged, as I imagine any water bottle will - so they are best not put on a door but on a still part of the hutch/cage. Both bunny and hamster learnt how to use them within a day (I gave them a normal bottle too for the first few days), they both had a habit of putting their heads on one side when drinking though, and it did worry me a little that their necks may ache. Barney (rabbit) seemed to prefer it to a normal water bottle, but didn't use it once I introduced a bowl.

Back