• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fluffy ill again

Dave81

Mama Doe
Poor Fluffy wouldn't eat her breakfast this morning, I think it's the 8th time this year!

Went to vets at noon for a normal appointment as there open on Sundays. Fluffy has had her normal injections to try to bring her out of stasis.

She still hasn't eaten anything today however I have just perfected my syringe feeding with her after always failing miserably, also snuck in a couple of claws been clipped.

If she doesn't perk up she is going back tomorrow as the vet could see a couple of sharp points on her teeth, doesn't look like anything too bad.

I hope she feels better soon. did the vet tell you to start syringe feeding her? I very very rarely do it to my stasis buns as the stress is causes makes it counterproductive.

Have you tried her with grass, parsely or blackberry leaves? If not I can highly recommend them, they are usually the first things Snowdrop will eat when she is in stasis.

Yeah they asked if I had stuff to syringe feed her, I only did this at 5 pm after waiting all day to see if she would eat.

She wasn't showing any sign of stress during the feeding and normally she shows stress really easy, she acted really chilled out.

I've tried every kind of food possible which I have in the house including basil

Yeah they asked if I had stuff to syringe feed her, I only did this at 5 pm after waiting all day to see if she would eat.

She wasn't showing any sign of stress during the feeding and normally she shows stress really easy, she acted really chilled out.

I've tried every kind of food possible which I have in the house including basil

Has she had plenty of exercise? A good run around the garden every day is vital in keeping Snowdrops tummy working properly.

she's had a bit of a run when I made her by following her around the room earlier. Didn't want to do it too long as I know she stresses out when I do that when she is ill

she's had a bit of a run when I made her by following her around the room earlier. Didn't want to do it too long as I know she stresses out when I do that when she is ill

Did the vet say she was bloated at all? I give Snowdrop Infacol when she gets gassy.

Other than that I am afraid I'm out of ideas sorry. I hope she picks up soon.

No sign of bloat from what the vet could tell, Fluffy has just eaten a strand of hay at least it's better than no hay.

She must be coming around so hopefully few more hours and we might be getting somewhere

If she's fine tomorrow I'm going to leave booking her in for the teeth, the vet says it's not a massive concern but will need doing at some point.

When she does get booked in I'm thinking of asking for an x-ray to be done too to check for any other issues which may be causing the bouts of stasis, I've ruled out anything at home that could be the problem

All fine today, thanks.

She didn't eat much breakfast but then I noticed she had gone to the secret place where I leave food for her if she's ill, otherwise guzzle guts sorry I mean Jezebel :lol: Hoover's it all up. Jezebel hasn't ever found the secret stash yet.

Just got home and Fluffy was chasing me around the room for her food, so yeah all back to normal now

Back