• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

From a past serviceman to a future serviceman

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
My grandad presenting my not so little brother with his dads medals (our great grandad) he was a POW during the second world war :love:

32404_10151523434160558_649360394_n.jpg

and with my mum and grandad, he was only allowed two "tickets" to his schools remembrance parade today, next year he can have 4 :love:

29581_10151523435010558_2117270854_n.jpg

aww! that's nice. i don't know what happened to my great-uncles' medals. my gran had them, but i think everything went to my aunt after my gran died.

Handsome too!!! ... theres just something so attractive about a man in uniform!!

Thanks all, I'm over overwhelmingly proud of him, he's on track to become an Officer in the next 5-6 years time :love: He is at a college for potential officers currently, then the army will put him through university where he will train to become an engineer and then he will go to Sandhurst to complete his officer training :love:

He is quite a handsome chap! but only 16 :lol:

aww! that's nice. i don't know what happened to my great-uncles' medals. my gran had them, but i think everything went to my aunt after my gran died.

Happybun, you may be able to claim his medals http://www.veterans-uk.info/medals/claiming.html :)

Back