• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Constant flopping- is this normal? :/

I'm quite worried about Theo. I know that rabbits flop when they are relaxed but Theo seems to do it too much. He's only 19 weeks old and everything's new to him so this might be why but I thought I should ask on here.

Basically, if he smells something different/he likes such as the other bunnies or a food bowl that the guinea pigs have been using then he just flops out! He chins it but then just falls down and sometimes does a full 360 turn! :shock: It doesn't matter were he is, carpet, grass CONCRETE! He sometimes gets stuck in small places just because he's flopped there. :roll: It is cute but I'm starting to worry now, just think he does it too much.

I will mention it at the vets when he goes for his check up before the neuter as I'm worried this could affect how he is under GA. I might be being silly but would like some opinions please?

I will try filming it but it can be see in one of my YouTube videos anyway.

One of my Rabbits, Colonel Colin, still does the 'Buck Flop'. This tends not to happen in neutered Bucks but Colin has not grasped that fact :roll:

It seems to be induced by new Rabbity smells. Colin will also do a 'Buck Flop' if he meets a particular broom :? He buzzes this particular broom too :?

I doubt that what Theo is doing is indicative of a problem other than his hormones :)

My Cookie does it when he gets to spend a bit of time in Charlie's area. He sniffs, chins then flops and rolls on his back before getting up and moving to another spot to repeat it. :lol:

Spenser seems to be doing a lot of flopping these days, but I think it is generally due to becoming an increasingly food-orientated rabbit. I worry he might give himself indigestion flopping too soon after his noms.

Hector sounds charming. :love:

Back