• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

caecotrophs.. fireworks..

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Hi everyone

Today Lily & Flopsy my two fluffeh buns have had a few caecotrophs , they had an egg cup full of pellets this morning and they have unlimited hay of course at all times Lily is a good hay eater but flopsy who is a dental bun with root problems is fussy and barley eats any hay.. anyway there was stupid fireworks in the village tonight... they were huge bangs.. I went and put a radio in the shed but Lily & Flopsy was really scared so brought them in and their stuff and litter tray in for an hour until they were over.. somebody had a 60th birthday bash they had a few caecotrophs while inside... dont really know the point of my thread anyway so they are all okay now and tucked up in bed all calmed down I decided not to give these 2 their nightly egg cup of pellets.. hopefully we will see no more caeco thingies

Probably the firworks upset them. I don't think the occasional uneaten caecotroph is too worrying.

I remember the first time Spenser did one I was beside myself with worry, and of course he did it just as I was about to go out for the day. :roll:

Buckley doesn't eat all of his cecals when there are fireworks. Usually because they go off when he's about to dive for one and it spooks him so the cecal just drops to the floor instead of being eaten. Once they're on the floor he won't eat them.
I hope you have some nice fireworks-free nights :)

Back