• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How has having rabbits changed your life?

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
For me, it's definitely made life more fun :D I was very lonely without pets since moving out of Mum's at the start of the year. Didn't want a cat or dog as we work full time, so bunnies seemed like a good idea. My buns prefer to nap during the day and play during the night, so we can still have fun :D

Obvious changes have been ..... increased bills :D..... messy kitchen, poo everywhere :lol: but also lots of love, fun and giggles :D

for me and bev its been having someone to come home too, we never new having a rabbit was so nice.
all i can say we are bunny people now.

les, bev and the buns.

for me and bev its been having someone to come home too, we never new having a rabbit was so nice.
all i can say we are bunny people now.

les, bev and the buns.
Today I got home from work, Barnaby jumped onto the couch next to me and started licking my face :love:

I didn't even get a hug off my boyfriend until about 20 minutes later! :roll::lol:

Totally and utterly transformed it, from the first moment I set eyes on dear little Mr McFlurry (my friend's rabbit). :love:

When I brought my first rabbit home from P@H along with a guinea to share his tiny cage, I thought it would be lovely to have two cute and fluffy pets to look at and bring out and cuddle when it suited me.

Much learning later a fence doesn't look right until its got teeth marks all the way up, we have metal grids and bricks concreted in all around possible escape routes and a large muddy digging patch (formerly a lovely flower bed!!!) And all is not right with the world unless there are bunnies hopping round the garden :D

I too cannot go out without hay themed accessories :lol::lol:

I have motivation, I HAVE to get up everyday, I HAVE to do something everyday. I've had to fight to regain my health so that I can care for my rabbits :love:

i could never have imagined how protective I am towards Floppy, he is so dependent on my and my sonscare and attention.

His wee face every morning when I go out brings a smile to my face!! As others have said, my works colleagues have discovered bits of hay in my hair, jacket and even in my briefcase!!!

Oh the joys!!!!

Fee xxx

Same for me too, I'd hate to think where I'd have been without my two :love:

I imagine I would still be bed bound, with very little muscle tone which in itself would likely push my health down even further (due to the effort it'd take to do things) so it's very possible that I'd be in bed in the darkness with no noise allowed. Scary thought

ruined my home. broken me financially.
i won't ever have any more.

but i love them...:lol::love:

Me too.
I will miss having bunnies in my life when mine cross over, but nothing in the world will separate me from them until that day. They are the only structured part of my life and they continue to teach me to live in the moment as they do...and review my priorities constantly.

Life would be empty without any of my furbabies. Having had next to no friends as a child and bunging up every human relationship I've ever had, I identify better with animals than with people. And that's the way I want it.

Not sure how it's actually "changed my life" as such, but we have an extra morning and night time routine i.e. the bunnies have to be sorted out and it's lovely to spend some time with them in the shed at night now, as they hop around loose for a few hours in the shed as it's gets too dark to leave them outside and when in said shed if I have some fruit, well, they're all over me :love: I know it's only cupboard love :( but hey, for those few minutes they clamber all over me and I love it!

A downside is when we go to The Range (a big superstore) to stock up on hay/straw/wood shavings, we tend to have a mooch about and spend a lot more than we wanted to, on other stuff for the house, kids, us etc ... :lol: It got to the point that we needed to stock up on said bunny stuff last week - my husband refused point blank to let me go with him and came back with: hay, straw and shavings ONLY!! :lol:

They are relaxing, they cheer me up on a bad day. They are the reason I have met some friends, including my MIL and husband. They are a huge part of my life. I would only ever give them up if I thought my care for them was lacking in some way.

Back