• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Rabbit fosters.

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
On monday i will be picking up a foster rabbit/rabbits.

The lady at a rescue 30 miles away has become ill and can't look after all the rabbits she has there so asked for foster carers for some of them. I know what food the rabbits eat, bedding and hay. Hutch is coming with the rabbit/rabbits. With covers, water bottles and food bowls. I have a spare run.

Was wondering if there was anything else i need to get in? We are all excited about caring for a rabbit/rabbits. I want to do the best possible for bun/buns. Just clearing up my garden ready for the new edition.

I don't know who i'm getting as she is chosing rabbits herself for fosterers.

Will post pictures on monday evening.

Well done for helping out.

Have you got an arrangement as to who would pay for veterinary treatment if the rabbit is poorly, and which surgery to use? Also, will you need to have potential adopters coming directly to your house to meet the bunny?

Is the rabbit vaccinated and health checked? It's worth taking precautions if you have rabbits of your own and you don't know the history of the bunnies coming in.

Good luck with it :)

All rabbits are vaccinated, neutured and wormed first thing i asked :D.

Rescue will pay all vet fee's for rabbits. Adopters will be coming to mine for inital meeting and rabbits will be moved back to the rescue when home has been checked. So rescue can get them a complete vet check and revaccination if time before going to new home.

I will keep them seperated across the garden from mine for a few weeks just to make sure their not carrying anything they can pass to mine.

Currently clearing that side. My lovely kids have given up their trampoline for a few weeks so rabbits can go where it was.

All rabbits are vaccinated, neutured and wormed first thing i asked :D.

Rescue will pay all vet fee's for rabbits. Adopters will be coming to mine for inital meeting and rabbits will be moved back to the rescue when home has been checked. So rescue can get them a complete vet check and revaccination if time before going to new home.

I will keep them seperated across the garden from mine for a few weeks just to make sure their not carrying anything they can pass to mine.

Currently clearing that side. My lovely kids have given up their trampoline for a few weeks so rabbits can go where it was.

I would also make certain that they do not share grass areas with your Rabbits-ie dont put the Foster's run on grass that your Rabbits have access to. I'd only use concrete based areas for the Fosters so you can easily disinfect it on a regular basis.

Well done for helping the Rescue :D

Thank you Jack's-Jane never thought of that but can easily do it

My boys free range on all my grass so will keep the foster on the other patio.

Back