• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 new English Lops on the block

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
My recent heartache has been no secret :( and neither is my love for english lops. I would never replace the bunnies i have lost, but sometimes i think we are sent a sign.

I was offered 3 ex breeding rabbits and a baby from a woman who is giving up breeding. I dont really care what judgements i recieve, these bunnies needed a home, and i was only too willing to give them one.

Firstly, because she is the only one who wanted to pose, baby Bunty who is 10 weeks old

557837_10151304824826416_399290127_n.jpg

Then her Mum, Autumn

407637_10151304832636416_488484051_n.jpg

Her Dad (who is alone now until neutered) who needs a name (not a great picture)

536673_10151304835681416_1941409886_n.jpg

And the other female they were rehoming, who also needs a name (again didnt want to pose, but it had been a long journey)

189757_10151304837871416_32997873_n.jpg

Long term plan is to neuter/spay them all and bond them into my group :D

:shock: those ears :love::love::love:

Stunning bunsters, 4 giants? (I'm not jealous... I'm not >_< ok then maybe a little!)

wow 4 all at once
personally I'm not a fan due to their ear probs but they do look cute

as for names
Dad
Eric
Hickory
Hector
Kontiki

agouti/white girl

Abigail ( after honeybunny abigail same colouring! )
Summer..to go with autumn
Clarissa
Rumba

oh my :shock::shock: those ears are huge! i didnt even know bunny ears could be that long!
but they are all beautiful :)

It's great that they are now safe from being bred. Absolutely gorgeous bunnies, I am so happy for you. The shed must be nice and busy again.

Thank you :D

Hele, they are English Lops, they are about French Lop size (so giant yes :lol:) with huge ears :shock:.

Mrscarey, your so right :shock::lol:

Jill, generally i am not happy about the ears, due to health problems, but i do love the breed and have the experience to offer them what they need :D. As long as they need a home, i will jump at the chance to offer it :D. Now, the 4 at once :oops: as she was giving up breeding, she was rehoming the two females and male, originally i only wanted the 2 adult females, then she said the male was black (which reminds me of my first rescue EL Gracie), so i agreed 3, figuring better they come to me where they will definatly not be chruning out babies again. Then she said the person who wanted Bunty the baby didnt offer the home she deserved, so she was back to needing a home, how could i leave her behind :oops:.

Ali, you must come visit soon :D, its nice to see the shed buzzing, bonding will be interesting... :lol:

Name wise, i was thinking Ludo for the male, though havent asked Mogan so it may change ;) the female, i really like Rumba, Jill, again must ask Morgan :)

Shazza my love i am soo jelous! :love:
you have had a horrid time of it recently and i know you didnt think youd have the chance of finding another english lop, but 4!!!
my word you lucky Ducky!!

I vote Male bunny to be called Jagger! Lady to be Autumn

I'm also not a fan of English Lops in general but I have to admit, they are all stunning :love::love:

The male's eye in that photo looks like (even though the flash made it red eye) it has like a little twinkle in it from the flash and i thought it looked pretty... bit of a weird thing i know :oops::oops::oops:

Back