• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont know who I'm more annoyed at myself or the vet

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Some have you may have read my previous posts regarding Alice.

Have been back and forwards to the vets with her the last few months, she has a runny eye which was flushed then back for antibiotics as it was still runny. They also found a teeny tiny spur on her teeth the same time but said it was sooooo small and woulnt be causing her any discomfort and to bring her back every 6 months to have it checked and watch out for her going off her food or dribbling.

I took her to ANOTHER vet for a 2nd opinion as her eye continued to be runny, they checked her teeth, confirmed the spur and that it wasnt causing her any discomfort, I asked them about elongated roots, they said she didnt need x rays as still eating lots pooping and bright in herself, so came away with more drops which cleared up her eye problem.

Thought it was all sorted but the last few days she has started doing teeny tiny unhealthy looking poos!
Soooooo back to the vets we went today and saw ANOTHER vet who was supposed to be the guy to see when it came to bunnies, apparently not! :evil:
He looked in her mouth, AGAIN said she didnt need any x rays and the spur was fine, ANNNND to top it off she did a massive very healthy looking poo on the table!! I got the feeling he though I was a hypochondriac!! He was quite blunt with me and made me fell like an idiot.

I'm annoyed at him for doing nothing but mostly I'm annoyed at myself for not being more pushy with him and being able to help little Alice :cry:

On the plus side her poo is back to normal and her eye is no longer running!
But I cant help but worry something sinister is going on and nobody will help me find out what :cry:

I will be looking for a rabbit savvy vet, I wont give up, but I just feel hopeless after today!

Don't feel hopeless, rabbits are not the easiest of animals to diagnose, that's what the vet told me this afternoon! Hope she stays well from now on.

Back