• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today in Essex....bonding vibes needed!

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Santa and I will be attempting to bond Poppy and Gus with a lovely little bun called Womble :) Poppy has not been herself since I lost Dinky a couple of months ago :( While her and Gus have a strong bond he is not as affectionate as Dinky was. I am hoping Womble will fit in well...although he has had a failed bonding before as he was quite aggressive, though through fear more than anything....I'll put some pics up later if all goes well!

Sending vibes for a successful bonding.....:wave: (You may find they're extra-effective as they're sent from the same county and don't have so far to travel.....;))

((vibes)) .... and a request for detailed reports and pictures as I needs to be educated and loves the pictures!!

Sending vibes for a successful bonding.....:wave: (You may find they're extra-effective as they're sent from the same county and don't have so far to travel.....;))

Well in that case best I send lots of super strength Essex bonding vibes too! Good Luck everybun! Looking forward to seeing some pics of a happily bonded trio!

Eek! It seems to just be fear aggression so fingers crossed we can get through that - poppy has already groomed him once...

46D292E3-8824-47E2-B9A6-5CD6C07390CF-35082-00000847D4703F9B.jpg

203C09A2-176C-4132-8BB7-F73CF818E5CC-35082-00000847C0699157.jpg

Well we have called a halt at the moment, Womble started to get a bit nippy, which set Gus off and he started attacking Poppy :(
I don't think all is lost, I actually think the bond can work, but am going to take some time and try and get Womble more used to their smell. I will try again tomorrow and see how it goes. Usually I'm not a fan of slow bonding but think it is the way to go in this case, as any aggression from Womble is fear based..
Poppy and Gus are now back in their room happily eating

Well we have called a halt at the moment, Womble started to get a bit nippy, which set Gus off and he started attacking Poppy :(
I don't think all is lost, I actually think the bond can work, but am going to take some time and try and get Womble more used to their smell. I will try again tomorrow and see how it goes. Usually I'm not a fan of slow bonding but think it is the way to go in this case, as any aggression from Womble is fear based..
Poppy and Gus are now back in their room happily eating

I think hard and fast rules re bonding can doom things to fail so I completely agree with this. I hope everything works out OK for them even if it takes some time :)

I think hard and fast rules re bonding can doom things to fail so I completely agree with this. I hope everything works out OK for them even if it takes some time :)

One thing Alison and I have learnt with all our bonding is it is really important to know when to break "the rules" Womble is such a sweet bun and there is no rush so I really think it can work, will just take a bit more time.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow. They are all adorable. :love::love::love:

Don't think I have ever followed any bonding rules. I didn't know any better. :oops: I would go off to a rescue, get a new bunny and simply put them together in a hutch base. :shock: Only fur flying once.

One thing Alison and I have learnt with all our bonding is it is really important to know when to break "the rules" Womble is such a sweet bun and there is no rush so I really think it can work, will just take a bit more time.

I love his name !! He looks to be a real cutie :love:

He looks to be a real cutie :love:

He is absolutely ADORABLE. Louise is lucky that I left with empty pockets...

I really do think that this bond can work; Poppy and Gus are such laid back bunnies, and Womble is a serene lad, just highly strung when presented with strangers...which is understandable really! Particularly as there's no rush, it seemed sensible to take a slower approach and see if it works better when he has had a chance to calm down and realise that the other two aren't going to attack him. Which also meant that I got back home before rush hour :lol:

Good luck tomorrow :D

Back