• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alternatives to a bowl of water!

Iceprincessx

Warren Scout
Harli is now 11 weeks and won't use a water bottle but only a bowl of water. Which f find very annoying as I have to change the water about 6 times a day as its go hay etc in it! Anyone know of a different style of water bottle?

If he's outside and has permanent access to his run, I would put the water bowl in the run rather than in his hutch.

I don't worry about hay falling into the bowl, as they eat it anyway so it isn't going to harm them. If he won't drink from a bottle there is no alternative as far as I know.

A bit of hay in their bowl won't harm them as long as its not left too long. I'd resite the water bowl to somewhere further away from the hay. My two get a few long bits of hay in their bowls everyday, but I just change the bowls twice a day- when I give them brekkie and when I put them away at night.

I have this bottle from zooplus, which I think is worth a go
bottlebowl-1.jpg

It's got a little bowl on the bottom so much more like drinking from a bowl than a bottle, but it's much more difficult to spill or get stuff in. I find it easier to change over as well.

You could have a couple of bowls for water, keep one in the hutch and one in your house so that you take a fresh one out with you every time you go and just swap it over. That way, you don't have to keep going backwards and forwards and it takes no longer than it does when you're going out anyway.

Back