• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice for Rupert and Tia's mummy ....

BeeBee

Mama Doe
Hi ... Just wondering if anyone has experience of very quick onset of statis ...

Got a message to say Rupert was on his way to the emergency vet as he wasn't right ... Finally had a text saying the following ...

Statis- no gut sounds at all, was eating and pooping an hour prior to emergency vets, vet gave him emiprid jab and they are on there way back ...

Any advice I can give to get Rupert back to his lovely self... Please also send vibes, Kirsty is distraught and I feel so helpless far away.

Thank you RU :) x

Aww poor Rupert! Fingers crossed he is back to his normal self very very soon! :love:

Daisy has had three episodes of stasis in the year we have had her and they have also been very quick onset and as soon as she has had the gut stim and painkillers she has pretty much been back to normal within a few hours... Im not sure thought if thats quick onset or wether its just catching it early :? but in any case i hope Rupert and Kirsty are feeling better soon xxx

Thank you - poor little daisy too ... These bunnies do have such delicate tummys. Hopefully like daisy he will make a quick recovery and be back to his naughty self very soon. :love: x

We're back n now waiting for him to eat and poop.. he's had a drink and a wash n been up n down the stairs. vet didn't give pain relief... I do have metacam here at home its from may... will it be ok? vet said he was active and alert but I said this isn't Rupert active or alert.

He was literally fine then at 7.25 he started lying down n jumping back up so rang vet at 7.32 n arrived there at 8.15... He came in at 6 as normal n been running eating n pooping absolutely normally. so scary!!!

This is second vet we've been registered at we changed cos emergency vets was too far... New vet is now in our town but emergency vet still in brighton !!!

Good news :) Hope he continues to eat and gives you some poops. My Tilly does this at least twice a year for no apparent reason :roll:

Thank you, I kept him in the house until midnight, and he did a few poops, and I was giving Tia some pellets and we let him have 10 pellets, which he loved!!!

He was quiet this morning, wouldn't come down from the top shelf of their shed, but he often does that, but he was eating loads of hay this morning, I didn't give them veg this morning, well I tiny (couple of strands) of curly kale, and a grape. Their veg bowls were filled with more hay, with half a weetabix on top.... should've seen the look of disgust on their faces! But as I left for work, he was eating more hay.

He even managed a little binky when I clinked their bowls together.

There was lots of poops in the litter tray, so we think he's been pooping, and his belly isn't swollen this morning.

I think it was the slither of swede I gave him (he has had it before, whenever I make swede, I always give them a tiny bit of it) - it was 15 mins after the swede that he first showed signs of being poorly, needless to say, he won't ever have any again, not even a tiny bit :(

I am going to change vets, going to ring the other local vets (the reason I didn't register there was that when rupert was poorly last time, the lady on the phone was really nasty and said 'well you're not registered here so we need £120 before we even consider looking at him' but its 2 mins from our house, so gonna have to register them there I think, can't be travelling for 30-40 mins to emergency vet with a rabbit going down hill that fast, its just silly :(

Thank you to Ruby, I don't know what I'd have done without you last night x

Back