• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've never had such a wobbly rabbit come home from a GA

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
He just looks drunk! We have a GA at least every week with one bunny or another, and often more, but this is insane what's happened to him.

He's eatin and stuff but has no control of his body. It's scary; probably for both of us.

I remember Boris being like that when he was neutered! In fact I suspect that there had been quite a delay; we were told hed be done straight away in the morning but when we picked him up at 4ish in the afternoon it was obvious that he had barely woken up from the GA :roll: He was completely out of it. Once we got home he perked up but couldnt hop around properly without falling over for about an hour :? He also didnt want to eat for quite a while, from feeling nauseous I imagine. It was very scary :shock:

Oh no! Is this a side affect of GA?

I hope so! He's often slow to recover but never like this. I expect he isn't processing it from his system so it's taking longer to recover and that most bunnies go through this as they recover and it's just taking him longer.

If he has a poorly heart he will take much longer to clear the GA from his system. Possibly up to 24 hours before he is back to what is normal for him. Some supportive Hartmanns and warmth from a heat source should help xx

Thanks :) I've had two bunnies have dentals today, Dopey 2 (with the heart issues) and Star. Star used to have dentals every 2 weeks 2 days but this dental is 10 weeks 5 days (yay) but due to having so many his veins are too scarred for IV GAs so he has to have IM and it's since having IM GAs that he recovers so slow.

But he has been nice and warm and snuggled into me, but then I think he needed a wee so I put him in a litter tray where he promptly fell asleep. He now staggered out when mum made him jump :love: sad little chappy.

Thanks :) I've had two bunnies have dentals today, Dopey 2 (with the heart issues) and Star. Star used to have dentals every 2 weeks 2 days but this dental is 10 weeks 5 days (yay) but due to having so many his veins are too scarred for IV GAs so he has to have IM and it's since having IM GAs that he recovers so slow.

But he has been nice and warm and snuggled into me, but then I think he needed a wee so I put him in a litter tray where he promptly fell asleep. He now staggered out when mum made him jump :love: sad little chappy.

Oh right, I thought you were talking about Dopey 2 !! Sorry :oops:

Hopefully Star will feel brighter later this evening xx

Oh right, I thought you were talking about Dopey 2 !! Sorry :oops:

Hopefully Star will feel brighter later this evening xx

Don't be sorry, I appreciated you reading and commenting, PLUS you gave me useful info about Dopey 2 as well :) (and you weren't to know we had multipole dentals today).

Oh bless him, hope he wakes up a bit soon.

When I got Loki back from his neuter he was alert and steady on his feet but was acting stoned, the poor little love spent hours snuggled up with me in a fleecy blankie all wrapped up nice and warm whilst he snoozed the ga out of his system. I have to admit that as worried as I was about him I loved the snuggles!!! Hopefully Star will feel better after some snuggles too :love::love::love:

hope he picks up soon, some bunnies are just different to others and how tehy are feeling at the time i think, like mabel she tends to be more sleepy, whereas sox would wake up straight away bouncing around

Goodness, I don't know how you cope with so many GAs. I suppose having lots of bunnies you get used to it. Makes me feel a real super-wimp over the state I got into over Spenser's neuter. :oops:

Sending recovery vibes for Star, and hoping Dopey 2 is also OK.

Yay. Drunk rabbit is back to normal :thumb:
:thumb:
When Katy had a dental a few weeks ago she came back like she had had a good night on the town :roll: She could not stand up. As it was her first full GA (she is 7) I was not sure of what to expect but she did start to recover once we left her alone to have a good rest.

If he has a poorly heart he will take much longer to clear the GA from his system. Possibly up to 24 hours before he is back to what is normal for him. Some supportive Hartmanns and warmth from a heat source should help xx

Oh gosh, things suddenly make a lot of sense. Mischa took much longer than normal to come round with the first GA.

Back