• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

parsley choked :( U/D post 21

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
:( im shaking want to cry, lots of gunk cane out. I held him upside down and tried to get the pellet out.
On way to vets.
Vibes please.

Last edited:
Not too impressed with this vets bunny savvyness, but parsleys had a metacam inj, metacloprmide and baytril.
I'll be going to see my usual vet tomorrow.
Coffee here I come.

((((((((((Healing vibes for Parsley!)))))))))))))))
Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Yeah I've been reading up on the other buns.
He's had injections of metacam gut stimulant and baytril.
I've been listening closely to him, his breathing seems to be normal.
Did you change Hal onto rr asap or did you wait a bit? I really think I want to stay away from pellets...
Also did Hal have any problems with hay after his chokes?
It was your explanation that helped me save him. I really thought I was going to lose him. It was so so horrible... :(

Yeah I've been reading up on the other buns.
He's had injections of metacam gut stimulant and baytril.
I've been listening closely to him, his breathing seems to be normal.
Did you change Hal onto rr asap or did you wait a bit? I really think I want to stay away from pellets...
Also did Hal have any problems with hay after his chokes?
It was your explanation that helped me save him. I really thought I was going to lose him. It was so so horrible... :(

I stopped feeding Hal pellets immediately. He has always been a great hay eater and in the 8 years I have had him he has had guts made of iron. So I just changed him straight over to a small portion of RR. He has had no problems with eating hay after the chokes. I could not feed Hal no concentrated feed at all as his health problems mean he struggles to maintain his weight. He wont eat wet pellets so that was not and option. He has been fine on RR and so far no more chokes........*touches wood*

Oh my goodness, this seems to be happening withvscary regukarity :(

i so hope Parsley is ok this morning and that your heart has returned to its rightful place in your chest!

Just to clarify again, what should one do in that horrifying situation of a choking rabbit?

on way to vet, haven't slept much just lay on the couch with the boyfriend. And shone the torch on parsley every so often to make sure he was ok.
He's munching hay as if nothing happened.
Vibes that all is ok please.

OMG so many bunnies are choking at the moment :( what kind of pellets were they? I'm concerned about the small burgess pellets at the moment :(

Hope he continues to improve! x

Oh my goodness! Hope he is ok this morning? Thinking of you....

This chocking seems to be happening alot, what causes it? Eating too quickly?
What is RR? Sorry for ignorance!

I hope he recovers well. You absolutely have my sympathy for choking incidents, they are just absolutely terrifying for all involved.

Back