• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lack of sunshine

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Folks

i am sure you will think this a ludicrous question but is it possible for bunnies to suffer from a vitamin c deficiency?

Reason I ask .. Since I got Floppy, it has rained every day and i have had to cover the run with tarpaulin. I do let him out to roam when I get back from work but its now dark on the morning, dark at night and he never sees sunshine in the dank and dismal Glasgow....

Any advice appreciated
Fee xx

Hi, yeah, oops, thats what I meant!..... An ideas on how to remedy that, I daresay most Scottish bunnies dont get much sunshine. Glasgow is really quite wet most of the year.

Perhaps I should jus leave one of his runs open to the elements and cover the other one? I just want him to be as dry as possible though. Nothing worse than a sodden bunny going into a soggy hutch..

Most pellet foods contain vitamin D, if you have a look in the ingredients. It's more likely you are deficient than your bunnies, as rabbits are dawn and dusk creatures naturally, whereas humans are designed to be out in the sun, and we had an awful summer.

Back