• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggesafes

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Do yours stay warm for the full 12 hours that they say they do?

I put mine back in this morning at 7am before I left the house, I got back at 3pm and checked it and it was cold! I heated it up for the right length of time. But this means over night when I put it in at 10pm it's cold by 6am again (probably cold before then!) which means the buns will be cold :roll: little disappointed but oh well!

On a higher note, when I give Harvey the snugglesafe he grooms it :love:

Nope :? But annoying really! :lol: but they don't use either of them :roll: Leo is the only one who uses his but he's inside! :lol:

I still like them to have them though because I found out yesterday it warms the area around the heat pad too! :D the lino is warm from them so they lie on that, Donny lies next to them though :love:

Last edited:
Do yours stay warm for the full 12 hours that they say they do?

I put mine back in this morning at 7am before I left the house, I got back at 3pm and checked it and it was cold! I heated it up for the right length of time. But this means over night when I put it in at 10pm it's cold by 6am again (probably cold before then!) which means the buns will be cold :roll: little disappointed but oh well!

On a higher note, when I give Harvey the snugglesafe he grooms it :love:

I have no idea as I've never checked! I generally don't put mine in until 10pm either once the weather goes really cold, but at least it will take them through the coldest part of the night and when they're least active (apparently bunnies are more active around 4am).

Don't forget also that the heat pad will lose heat gradually so although it's not at its original temperature it will be warmer than stone cold, if you get me. I think they are designed to give off warmth for 12 hours so logically it's not going to be say 30 degrees for 12 hours and then stone cold within seconds, it'll gradually cool down. If you think about it, cold water will melt ice, so the comparison there is although it feels cold to us coming from a warm house, it is actually probably still warm to a bunny living in a cool hutch.

I put one out recently at 10:30 when it was -1 outside. I went out at 7 in the morning and it wasnt frozen but just tepid. It wasnt freezing cold as I would have expected it to get to the ambient temperature outside. Wht we did notice too was that the bowl of water nearby hadnt frozen either, maybe the wee bit of heat worked....

That said we had insulated underneath it with newspaper and hay and placed hay on top, quite a thick layer. Floppy had been sitting on it most of the night. We were very pleased....

Fee xx

I have no idea as I've never checked! I generally don't put mine in until 10pm either once the weather goes really cold, but at least it will take them through the coldest part of the night and when they're least active (apparently bunnies are more active around 4am).

Don't forget also that the heat pad will lose heat gradually so although it's not at its original temperature it will be warmer than stone cold, if you get me. I think they are designed to give off warmth for 12 hours so logically it's not going to be say 30 degrees for 12 hours and then stone cold within seconds, it'll gradually cool down. If you think about it, cold water will melt ice, so the comparison there is although it feels cold to us coming from a warm house, it is actually probably still warm to a bunny living in a cool hutch.

It was actually pretty much ice cold though, I thought what you said, but after having properly felt it it was really actually cold to touch! Oh well, maybe my old microwave isn't performing at maximum power anymore?

Tbh they don't use it much anyway :roll: I've seen Lilly playing games with it like jumping on and off, and on and off, on, off, on, off.... seriously she's done this for many minutes before, whilst I sit at the window laughing at her! I've not once seen them laying on it or near it!

At least as you say it's warm during the coldest parts of the night :) (also my bunnies definitely are ones for being lively at 4am, the one time I've spent the night with them when Harvey was ill this is the time they thought it fun to bounce on me like a trampoline :roll:)

I usually put on in around 8/9pm and is quite cold by the AM but I know that Leo lies across his so at least it is being used during the night :thumb:

Back