• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dopey 2 is not ok, please send vibes. She's gone.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
She's not eating or interested in food. Sitting still (unless in a new and exciting place) and then she was lying on her side (cue panic).

She's the Dopey in heart failure, who can only use one lung and has had at least one seizure in her life (and is also blind and deaf) but I think this is her tummy. She's on very much borrowed time but it's not any of her issues, I don't think. I think this is something new.

The obvious absolute terror is, despite thorough cleaning, she has somehow ingested some penicillin, but mum says (because she was there), I cleaned him (Lightning- one of her bonded friends who is on penicillin injections for an abscess) so thoroughly that would be highly unlikely.

Could be the rough hay I accidently gave a few days ago. Could be too many pellets (having a bit of an alternative diet). Could be the stress of the cold on her system. Could be teeth. Could be ingesting cardboard (from a new box put in there).

So now I'm going through the motions my vet always tells me to follow.

I'm panicked this is something I've caused by the penicillin but I'm always so careful and he's been on it a month and we've not had any problem until today.

Any good wishes or anything please, we would both appreciate them.

Last edited:
Sending recovery vibes.

It's highly unlikely to be anything you've caused, they can get poorly without our help. *hugs to you*

Oh no :(
Im sure its nothing to do with the penecillin, like you say she has been on it a month with no problems.
Loads of vibes for Dopey 2 and hugs for you xxxxxxx

Oh no, I'm so very sorry :( I really hope that Dopey 2 is ok and that the emergency vet is good and can help. Hugs x x x

Teeth :( last time she had a dental she had to be resucitated. All the meds I gave helped and had improved her hut but because she is on diuretics she needed fluids but flipped right out when I tried. So she's had fluids to see if she can start eating at home. If not, dental tomorrow or whenever she is clearly struggling. Currently no ulceration or anything like that. Will try to manage it at home initially, with meds and see if we can reduce the spur/s.

Nasty situation.

Last edited:
Back