• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does it mean? - Ears down!?!

Rupert & Tia

Mama Doe
Rupert usually sleeps with his ears down against his body, he's always done it.... but this week, he's been eating with his ears down (flat against his back) and walking round like that - Do they do this because they're comfortable and feel safe so they don't need their ears up? Or are they down because he's scared of the fireworks going off? Or, is it because its cold, so he's keeping his ears down to keep warm?

His behaviour other than this has been really normal....

I don't think I'm worried about it, just curious really.... He never closes his eyes when he's sleeping either, does this mean he's blind?! He doesn't act like he's blind...

Not sure about the ears but rabbits have a third eyelid and that's usually closed when they sleep :) when mine are napping they close their eyes, when they are full on asleep their eyes are open.

Ah right, I've literally never seen him close his eyes napping or full sleep :lol: Tia does, she goes out for the count, doesn't even realise we're there (I think she's deaf tho... gonna ask vet when we go for vaccinations)... He's a funny bunny, I think because he was a stray, he knows the dangers there are, so it makes him on edge, unless I'm there... Tia, she lived in a tiny hutch, so is completely oblivious to danger, other than us hoomins of course :(

Back