• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice re: bonding...

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Well I got a lovely little bunny for Sparkle at the weekend. I partitioned off half of his area in the playhouse and secured a fence so they could live alongside each other. I had them both in the house on Sunday for about 4 hours with no problems - lots of grooming etc...

I came home from work today to find this tiny little baby bunny has jumped over a 3ft high panel :shock::shock::shock::shock: into Sparkle's half of the playhouse... No fur tufts, no blood, no major problems.

So what do I do? Leave them to it? separate again?

Never had this situation before!! She is a mad baby bunny who obviously has a bit of an attitude and a thirst for adventure!!

I assume little bunny is neutered? How old is he?

Personally I'd leave them but check on them regularly.

She is neutered! She is about 18 weeks old... I got her from a rescue that neuter young.. but she seems very well on it!

Sorry baby bunny for getting your sex wrong!

Thats ok! I cant believe she did that.. she is tiny.. and yet the fence is quite high :roll: And why would a new baby bunny think it was a good idea to jump a fence with a big bad bunny the other side ?? :?:lol:

That's what happened when I got Chloe ...she was only a baby, and a tiny one at that as she is a netherland dwarf cross. She insisted on jumping in with Bugsy who was about 12-18 months old (and neutered!) She was so determined to be with him :lol: I think older buns maybe more tolerant of babies, though not sure...so i would try bonding them in a small area with constant supervision for the first 48 hours. If you can't supervise them constantly, then i would separate them more securely with a higher partition.

She sounds as if she is keen to be with him.... I'd monitor carefully for now... See what more experienced bonders think though....

Do we get pics? :D

As you put them together yesterday and they were getting along well perhaps it was a kind of backwards step to divide them off so baby bunny decided to take things into her own hands and jump in with Sparkle. Maybe it is love at first sight, hopefully, or just that she wants the company as she is only young. I think it sounds like they are going to be ok together.

Back