• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would this be safe?

nori

Young Bun
Hi all, if my rabbit ever finds a wife im considering moving them to the spare room which is still a good size. In the room there is a square box from the stairs. Id like to make use of this space.. do you think it would be safe to put a small dog crate (without the door) and pet steps going up to it?

you could make a wooden ramp if they need to get up to it but rabbits can use stairs...mine go up and down stairs. I don t see why not as long as they don't have a long way to fall if they slip off the ramp/steps.

I think they would be fine as they are quite wide steps. My rabbits go up and down the main stairs and they are fine. I suppose there is a small risk of them falling off but its up to you really you could always put some hay/straw or a soft cushion or something down the other side. Are they small or big rabbits as that may make a difference.

Back