• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's bits have dropped...behaviour question

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

Well, Ludo and I had a little party last night because his bits have dropped. (Poor thing must have wondered why his silly mum was kissing him and saying 'you're definitely a boy' over and over, but we weren't entirely sure and I'm very relieved!) :lol:

Anyway, his behaviour is the same as always, he's a little sweetie. My last bunny wasn't castrated he was rescued when he was too old to be done, and to be honest he had very few unwanted male behaviours, never sprayed or anything like that.

So my question is, when can I expect Ludo's behaviour to change? Now? Or does it take a while to kick in after the bits appear? Or, might he be like Harry and take being a proper man (hehe) in his stride and not really show any different behaviours?

Castration isn't an issue, I can afford it and have a lovely vet, but I'm just thinking more of how best to look after him at the moment, is he going to change his behaviour or is this not a guranteed thing?

Thanks everyone, I'm new to the whole not-having-an-old-bunny-thing.

Suzie

It doesn't happen overnight but I imagine you will see a gradual increase in hormonal behaviour and 'extra attention' to your feet or slippers etc.

If he is healthy I would get it done sooner rather than later because you never know when they are going to get ill :?

He's still too young for my vet to do it, I was going to have him done in spring when the weather is a bit warmer.

Here's hoping his behaviour stays nice and calm, well as calm as a baby ever is!

i had charlie done at 4 months -he wasnt hormonal either- never humped anything , not even his girlfriend lol i think he would have started to spray if i hadnt have got him done though so im glad i did it then. plus he now has a freind:love:

just remembered chralie did start 'honking' at me when he got excited:roll:

Well Ludo is a single bun, don't know if that means less spraying as everything (even my stuff of course) already smells of him anyway!!

But the issue isn't whether or not to castrate, it is just what to expect in the meantime, so perhaps he may be like Charlie and not do too much different.

I think you will definitely see some changes in his behaviour before spring, but especially in spring too :)

Back