• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting a room.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
Does anyone know if painting a room helps neutralize it?? Or would it be worth disinfecting the room then painting it??

Patchies and Milly are gonna be bonded early next year hopefully then will be getting the run of my room but I am unsure how to neutralize the whole room. Someone help me.

White vinegar is a fantastic odor neutralizer. I believe if you washed everything down with a mix of water and the vinegar that would do the trick but I have no experience with bonding so mainly just wanted to bump this for you. I think that I remember this question being asked by someone before.

If you don't want to paint, you could use the water/vinegar mix - you wouldn't need to go far up the walls anyway as there would probably be very little scent there, unless they like to chin certain places or pee in certain corners etc.

If the room needs painting anyway, then I'm sure that would be enough to neutralise it - I decided to paint the inside of my kennel and run while Alfie is away being bonded rather than just cleaning it.

Back