• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sat still after belly ache

Stator

Warren Veteran
around 11pm Lilly first showed signs of belly ache, constant repositioning. They are all prone to this. She ate her dinner fine at 7pm and was very lively then. Gave her some zantac and now she is sat still but haven't seen her eat anything yet, maybe because I'm falling asleep. Trying to stay awake to monitor but got a bug myself :( Do you think the fact that she is sat still now is a good sign or maybe she is just cold and still poorly

From past experience, if they are reasonably lively and active, the odd bit of grooming, changing position etc it's a far better sign than just staying in the same position. If they look completely disinterested that's when it's becoming serious.

If you wave food at her is she sniffing it at all or just not moving either away from it or to it? I consider it a really bad sign if I get no response at all.

It's not a great deal of use right now but as you say they are prone to bellyache episodes, have you considered taking blood glucose readings? If you could manage to take the readings it would be very reassuring at the stage you are at.

No, haven't taken any blood glucose readings. She seems to react when I am there, she moved away from me to avoid being picked up again, but not very fast. Still no signs of eating. Poor girl, don't know what to do. 6hrs till vet reception opens :(

This morning she is in perfect health, she was lively and desperate for her breakfast, she even tried to jump over the small fence to the other part of the garden :)

Back