• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squeaky Peter!

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

Peters an outdoor bunny and just now we heard alot of banging noises (his hutch backs onto the house) so went out to investigate and Peter was running around in his hutch alot and when we lifted the cover he was making occasional quiet squeaking noises?! I've never heard him make noises before!

He seems fine in himself, OH handfed him some parsley and he took it quite happily, he ha eaten / pooed etc well today so doesn't appear unwell.

Was it likely he was just playing?!

It sounds to me more likely that something scared him, obviously he is safe but he sounds like something really freaked him out!

It sounds to me more likely that something scared him, obviously he is safe but he sounds like something really freaked him out!

Ah bless him, I hate the thought of him being scared :( Looking foward to getting him a Mrs Peter hopefully next month and they can keep each other company :love:

All quiet now, Its like he did it to get our attention :lol:

Or whatever was so scary (can be anything, even non threatening things) has gone away now. Maybe was scared off by you guys going outside!

Hope peace continues :p

:? Could it have been a last firework,:shock: maybe he was sleeping and it made him jump a bit, hope he is ok

Awww, bless! Bella squeaked a lot the first few days she was with Boris, she was very nervous around him initially (which is ironic seeing as he's about half her size :lol:). She calmed down though and hasn't done it since, now she just thumps when spooked/scared.

Awww, bless! Bella squeaked a lot the first few days she was with Boris, she was very nervous around him initially (which is ironic seeing as he's about half her size :lol:). She calmed down though and hasn't done it since, now she just thumps when spooked/scared.

I've witnessed Peter thumping, normally when I put him away in his hutch after a fun day in the run! He is fine if his tea is waiting for him but If it isnt he always thumps :lol: But I've never heard him make a noise, it was like a mouse squeaking :?

Back