• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping playsheds warm and snuggly!!!!!!!!

Trixielover

Mama Doe
How do you do it? Domino should be going in his playshed soon and I want the whole inside to be warm enough for him, not just one area! ;) So any ideas on how to do it? Any tips? ;)

Don't forget rabbits are animals and grow thicker fur for the winter and they can withstand quite low temperatures. There is no way I would put my rabbits at risk by putting a heater in their shed - personally I think too many rabbit owners mollycoddle their rabbits.

Well to the previous point, I always think in the wild rabbits burrows are obv underground thereby avoiding the need to spend prolonged periods sitting/resting in freezing temps despite them withstanding low temps ok, I do believe they feel it. Ever since I put my electric heatpads (by petnap made for animals completely safe!) in the playhouses I have one older pair who sit on it constantly, the other younger pair never seem to bother....so my opinion is....its good to give them a choice and also when its freezing and youre at work all day, there is a practical element so that they actually have non frozen water! :D

I have tubular heaters in three of my sheds. I installed them after reading about them on RU. They give a very gentle heat, so they don't make it hot but just take the chill off when it's really cold. I have a group of bunnies who do need a bit of extra protection in winter, so having the option of a heater when it's really cold will help, plus it puts my mind at rest.

Back