PDA

View Full Version : Anyones buns not effected by fireworks?

jazxo
03-11-2012, 07:41 PM
There are fireworks fairly nearby and Pippin doesn't care at all! So surprised as she can be such a jumpy bunny, I'm jumping more that her :lol:. Hopefully there aren't any closer anytime soon.

Sky-O
03-11-2012, 07:42 PM
The majority of mine aren't, even the outside ones.

susie bun
03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Spenser doesn't bother, and didn't when he used to live outside. He doesn't like men's voices though, thump thump thump. :lol:

jazxo
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Spenser doesn't bother, and didn't when he used to live outside. He doesn't like men's voices though, thump thump thump. :lol:

Aww! Pippin hates the sound of running water :lol:

Jack's-Jane
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
None of mine are bothered. I, however, have just taken a valium :roll:

jazxo
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
None of mine are bothered. I, however, have just taken a valium :roll:

Oh that's good, it's Pippin's first year with fireworks so I was going out of my mind to protect her from the noise and flashes but she doesn't care and it seems lots of peoples rabbits don't care! Oh bless you! :lol: One of those screeching ones went off a minute ago and I nearly dropped the kettle :lol:

happybun
03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
there's no thumping from upstairs. i'm going up in a minute to see how they're going on. they don't usually care.

Gemmapookie
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
None of mine are bothered, even Mimi who is a nervous bun.

I find theyre more scared of quiet sounds, probably the prey instinct to be highly alert to being stalked.

lucy24
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
nope mine are fine too:D

Roly Poly
03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Mine seems fine, thank goodness.

CwningenBach
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
My two are fine ... we live in the city centre so they're used to a few booms every so often! :lol:

Elena
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Mine are always fine with them, even Smudge.

elis-mum
03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
just been out to lock my 3 in the shed a bit earlier and they are all sat in the run as cool as you like.
i still put them in though as next door are having a party and the smoke from the garden is a bit much.

Georgeypudding
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
mine are in the shed with the radio on loud, Sebastian isnt bothered and Imogen has been fine with the few we've had during the week :) I on the other hand almost fell off the toilet when a big boom went off :oops:

jazxo
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Okay scrap everything I said. She was fine with the occasional bang but now there are crazy ones REALLY loud over and over again and she's petrified :( no idea what to do :(

*Funny*Bunny*
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Mine are outdoors and I keep running to check on them every time there's a loud bang, just saw Harvey was looking tense :( and Lilly was at the end of her run ad her ears were twitching. I went out to reassure them, asked Lils if she was ok, to which she looked startled and stretched and yawned :roll: she had been asleep and dreaming, she'd slept through all the MASSIVE fireworks... yet was startled by my quiet voice :roll: Harvey on the other hand asked me for a cuddle, I think he is a bit scared :( but Lilly is grooming him to reassure him now :) as long as he has his Lils he actually seems fine :love:

Lea-Anne
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
All mine seem ok even highly strung hats except Vince who is petrified :-( have turned up the t.v

lucy24
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
mine are now thumping:roll:

Minimallow
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Mine never seem bothered by them. Still sit out relaxed in the runs when the bangs go off thankfully. My dogs on the other hand................ :shock:

mollyjoker
03-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Fireworks going off all over the place .
Molly and Smokey quite content in their run
watching the show.
By the way i hate fireworks should be banned
except for organised displays and then restricted to certain
times and days.
Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

youthnovels
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
We live opposite a huge firework display and mine are all fine tonight. Toby barked for the first 10seconds and then settled down and watched them with us, 10minutes in he got bored and wondered off to the other side of the room and fell asleep on the sofa. He is the most chilled out doggy ever :love:

Captain Helen
03-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Mine are all fine, even the babies who go nuts if they hear a stranger approaching!

ETA: Three of my cats are fine, Florence is a little jumpy.

jazxo
03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Fireworks going off all over the place .
Molly and Smokey quite content in their run
watching the show.
By the way i hate fireworks should be banned
except for organised displays and then restricted to certain
times and days.
Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Wish I could say the same about Pippin :( just had to go out to calm her, gave her a little bit of apple and head rubs and she was fine but then there was such loud sudden bangs and she was all panicked again :( I can't do anything and I feel so guilty but I have to go to bed as I have a 5:30 start tomorrow. But yes I totally agree with that!

belgian2
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
mine were hiding in their tunnel:(
but on good point they weren't attacking each other (recently bonded so was a tad worried) and also they aren't running wildly about thumping. managed to coax them out with carrot pieces and extra pellets and although not happy they weren't frightened enough to turn down extra food. once food went everyone retreated back to tunnel. but I think just about coping
its the screeching ones that sent them back to tunnel.

LittleEskimo
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
They are fine with the fireworks that are a little way off. Although during the 5th if any of the neighbors have fireworks I will probably give them some bits to hide in.

bunnybabbitsboing
03-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I have brought my 4 in tonight for a couple of hours as my neighbour kindly told me he's having fireworks at 8.30pm. As we live in a terraced house the gardens are very close together. So I have 2 in the bathroom, nice big bathroom, and 2 in the kitchen in a puppy pen. I have had to turn the heating off and open the windows till the fireworks start :roll: lucky I love my buns :lol:

ETA: OMG they are SO loud, my poor cat is scared and the buns aren't very happy :( hope they don't go on for too long

belgian2
03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
our dog is a bit twitchy. she is having to be accompanied into the yard for toilet and have a torch on. thankfully my chickens all are utterly unbothered as I really don't think I could deal with 40 odd hysterical hens! admitedly they have a light and radio on tonight which does help.

HoneyBear
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Alice is absolutely fine, Bear is TERRIFIED :cry: not been out from behind the sofa all evening poor boy.

FudgeTort
03-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Rabbits are in their shed not bothered.
Both cats are also (voluntarily) out in the garden and they aren't bothered either.

susieb1
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
We've just had a big display go off over the back of us at the community centre, loads of load bangs. Cookie was not fazed, he sat eating then got in the litter tray but I sat on the floor with Charlie cos he wasn't happy. When I went in to see them Charlie was hiding in a tunnel but when he saw it was me he came and sat next to me and pushed his nose under my hand.

Jenova
03-11-2012, 10:06 PM
All my pets are fine luckily as we have a firework show once a week in the summer. I live by the beach in a seaside resort.
The cat, however is not fond at all, so we'll be watching her carefully.

MissSherwood89
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Mine aren't phased in the slightest.

Shame I can't say the same about myself! :oops::lol:

Elena
03-11-2012, 10:09 PM
My friend's cat has gone missing :( Hopefully she'll come back once the fireworks stop.

DemiS
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Mine are absolutely fine, there's a huge display across the road I went to, and I actually ran back to check on them because the bangs were ridiculously loud, got there and they were just hopping around as usual, not phased in the slightest :lol: I considered covering them up and putting the radio on but they''ve been gradually introduced to stressful situations like this so luckily they're fine with it

Bun-Mum-Tammy
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
All of mine are quite unphased by it all, thankfully. They've all been brought up since kits in (or just outside rather) houses that were being demolished and put back together so they're used to loud noises and screeching (usually me dropping things on my feet or hitting things with hammers :oops: )
In fact, not sure if I put it up on here when we refurbished a dog run into a massive run for them, but we have a pic of Blakey laid out fast asleep whilst the OH wields a drill in the background :D

Oompa-Loompa
04-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Mine couldn't care less :lol:

biscandmatt1
04-11-2012, 12:29 AM
bisc and matt aren't bothered at all.

Fred and Lils mum
04-11-2012, 07:21 AM
I was really worried for my 2 as this is the first year i have had them but they have been absolutely fine. They were roaming around in our garden nibbling on grass as if nothing was any different. I am shocked about how relaxed they are with them. :D

Rufus
04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
It is strictly forbidden in our neighbourhood and police controls. So no worries

William
04-11-2012, 08:53 AM
None of mine are bothered by fireworks. My yorkies are though.

Peterbunny
04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Peter doesn't seem bothered at all?! We had gone to a local big firework event and they had some massive big bangers :shock: made the floor shake. Afterwards I raced back to check on Peter, expecting him to be hidden in his box but he wasn't he was bouncing around happy as larry :lol:

Fortunately we live almost backing onto a motorway so whilst he could maybe hear bangs he will probably never see a firework as they all happen in front of the house. Also we live underneath a military fly zone so he regular has the loud noise of a couple of chinooks flying low to cope with so fireworks are probably nothing new to him!:lol:

steph182
04-11-2012, 12:10 PM
The first time Milly heard them last year she was a wreck, she wouldn't eat. Once bonfire night arrived (and I declined a few invites to go out to watch her!) she was fine!
She's been fine this year too.
Charlie couldn't care less!

*lily*
04-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Only heard some in the distance last night, none going off locally, though both Louie and Molly (cat) don't ever seem affected by them!

cpayne
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
No Doughnut couldn't care less. She is more frightened of smells. I remember when I cleaned my wooden flooring she wouldn't come out of her hutch for an hour and was really scared thumping her feet.

Joanne Jenkinson
04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
My two aren't bothered at all. I went to check them last night and there were some massive ones going off, scared the living daylights out of me whilst I was out there. They didn't seem to notice them. I wondered if they might be deaf! Then this morning out in the garden with them, the fence panel blew in the wind - scared them!!! Strange little buns!!