• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyones buns not effected by fireworks?

jazxo

Mama Doe
There are fireworks fairly nearby and Pippin doesn't care at all! So surprised as she can be such a jumpy bunny, I'm jumping more that her :lol:. Hopefully there aren't any closer anytime soon.

Spenser doesn't bother, and didn't when he used to live outside. He doesn't like men's voices though, thump thump thump. :lol:

None of mine are bothered. I, however, have just taken a valium :roll:

Oh that's good, it's Pippin's first year with fireworks so I was going out of my mind to protect her from the noise and flashes but she doesn't care and it seems lots of peoples rabbits don't care! Oh bless you! :lol: One of those screeching ones went off a minute ago and I nearly dropped the kettle :lol:

there's no thumping from upstairs. i'm going up in a minute to see how they're going on. they don't usually care.

None of mine are bothered, even Mimi who is a nervous bun.

I find theyre more scared of quiet sounds, probably the prey instinct to be highly alert to being stalked.

just been out to lock my 3 in the shed a bit earlier and they are all sat in the run as cool as you like.
i still put them in though as next door are having a party and the smoke from the garden is a bit much.

mine are in the shed with the radio on loud, Sebastian isnt bothered and Imogen has been fine with the few we've had during the week :) I on the other hand almost fell off the toilet when a big boom went off :oops:

Okay scrap everything I said. She was fine with the occasional bang but now there are crazy ones REALLY loud over and over again and she's petrified :( no idea what to do :(

Mine are outdoors and I keep running to check on them every time there's a loud bang, just saw Harvey was looking tense :( and Lilly was at the end of her run ad her ears were twitching. I went out to reassure them, asked Lils if she was ok, to which she looked startled and stretched and yawned :roll: she had been asleep and dreaming, she'd slept through all the MASSIVE fireworks... yet was startled by my quiet voice :roll: Harvey on the other hand asked me for a cuddle, I think he is a bit scared :( but Lilly is grooming him to reassure him now :) as long as he has his Lils he actually seems fine :love:

All mine seem ok even highly strung hats except Vince who is petrified :-( have turned up the t.v

Mine never seem bothered by them. Still sit out relaxed in the runs when the bangs go off thankfully. My dogs on the other hand................ :shock:

Fireworks going off all over the place .
Molly and Smokey quite content in their run
watching the show.
By the way i hate fireworks should be banned
except for organised displays and then restricted to certain
times and days.
Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Back