• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how often do you groom you bunnies

Mine seem to manage OK on their own :thumb: ever since I switched Buttons from Burgess pellets to SS, she's stopped doing so many cecals so she doesn't have them hanging off her furry bum anymore :oops:

Lilly never needs grooming ever, I think it's just the nature of her coat, or maybe she's just a super excellent groomer! Harvey has a much thicker fluffier cost, but between him and Lilly they seem to keep his coat under control! At the beginning of Summer and Winter though I have to groom him every other day for about a week to maintain his coat, they're pretty low maintenance when it comes to grooming!

never, I leave it to them to do it themselves. Obviously I will if they become matted or anything but I don't see a need to otherwise :)

Never unless I'm incredibly bored or they're moulting. If they are moutling badly I tend to spend about half an hour with each, plucking the loose fur and using the furminator and they usually don't need doing until the next moult. I clip claws whenever I notice them getting long though

I'm suprised at the number of people who don't do it at all, rabbits ingest a lot of fur when moulting and they can't cough it up like cats

Although my girls don't need me to, I give them a little brush once or twice a week and that's only their back and sides - they wouldn't tolerate me doing legs, belly etc. I only do it because once I have they are even more super soft than they were before! I do it for my own gratification; nothing more, nothing less :oops: :lol:

I only help Sonic when he's going through a big moult. He spends 70% of his time washing and grooming, so he doesn't need much help :lol:

Never, although I will use my hands to stoke and pluck fur out when they are moulting.

Iv never groomed any bun :)

Poppy, daisy and rosey are spotless and always manage themselves even in the summer i never had to brush them/help them! :thumb:

Lucky, Hope, Willow and Molly are all a bit fluffier than the dutchie girls so I dont know about them yet ;) I religiously check bottoms and all have been fine apart from Willow who normally has one or two tiny baby poops stuck in her fur :lol:

Back