• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter leaflets

esupi

Warren Veteran
We ran into one of OH's friends last week. He got a rabbit this summer, and was talking about how he feels bad leaving it out overnight now it's cold and is thinking of getting a cage to bring it in etc. I explained about their winter coats and changes in temperature being bad for them, but I'm not entirely sure he believed me!

Does anyone know of any leaflets online about winter care that I could print for him (we are seeing him again tonight), as I think this may help? I've looked on the RWAF site, but no joy there.

Thanks!

Thanks! I think anything that helps him believe they're ok outside will help, and all the ideas for helping to keep them warm are great.

Aaaah, that's good then. :thumb: I hope it helps.

On a positive note, it's nice to know that he's concerned about the bunny's welfare enough to want to protect him/her from the cold, even if he didn't know the best solution to the problem. :thumb:

Hi

I am a member of the rwaf and have over 4years worth of magazines and leaflets. I will check them all for you if you want and see what they have in there. I am sure they did an article at some point on winter care. Because I remember getting ideas for my buns from it ( although it might have been from on here )

I will get back to you ASAP :wave:

Gosh - thank you, but please don't spend too long - 4 years' worth of magazines is a lot!
If you can turn anything up quickly that'd be great.

As KarenM says it's great that he cares, it's just getting him to believe what's best - the more info I can give him the better!

Back