• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ever feel like you're banging your head..

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
.. Against a brick wall.

My younger brother told me about a lady in work who said she was thinking about getting a rabbit for her little girl.
Ryan then told her not to get a bunny for her child, and that it was a big commitment etc. (i've trained him well.)
But what does the woman do but get a bun anyway. T____T
That was a couple of months ago, now she's decided that because the wee lassie doesn't play with the bun that it's time to get rid of 'it'.

I have a spare accomodation and i've agreed with the boyfriend that we will take this bun, and contact our local rescues to let them know we will be able to foster till he has a forever home. But I feel like crying at how inconsiderate some/most people can be/are.
Apparantly he's in a hutch outside not let out at all. :( Just hope I can get him asap.
I'm going to try at least get money off her to make sure he's vaccinated, she needs to take some kind of responsibility.

saw a lady admiring a bun in p@h yesterday and tried to put her off - she wanted him for her daughter who has special needs. i told her about buns being expensive, neutering, to get insurance, that they don't like cuddles and that the bun will need a friend (she wasn't up for that). she seemed like a nice lady but i wished she'd opted for a soft toy instead.

I see it a lot with people I know - they get cats 'for their son/daughter' then get rid of it when it scratches them. Umm it's a cat, they don't like being pulled around by 2-3 year olds...

Contacted fairly beloved and I'll be becoming a foster carer under them.
I'm glad I have the space for the wee guy, just need to speak to the lady on Monday and arrange to pick bunny up.

Its so sad...it upsets me how many adverts on are gumtree and the like... 'got for child and now they ar ebored' why why WHY do parents/adults ever think a child will take responsibility for a pet? :? my daughter wanted the bunnies so I got poppy and daisy for her but after I had done all the research and decided that I would take on the responsibility...Megan likes feeding them and filling up water bowls...thats it. They are MY bunnies! :love:

Its so sad...it upsets me how many adverts on are gumtree and the like... 'got for child and now they ar ebored' why why WHY do parents/adults ever think a child will take responsibility for a pet? :? my daughter wanted the bunnies so I got poppy and daisy for her but after I had done all the research and decided that I would take on the responsibility...Megan likes feeding them and filling up water bowls...thats it. They are MY bunnies! :love:

I wish everyone was like you, I can't beleive that so many people still think that buns live for 3yrs...

Back