• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sharing grass - any issues?

esupi

Warren Veteran
This could have gone in a few sections - hope it's ok here!

Just wondering what issues I might expect from letting two pairs of bunnies free-range in the same garden (obviously not at the same time)? Am I likely to face any problems regarding territory?

T&F have shared the same grass with visiting guinea pigs for short periods before with no problems, but I'm guessing it might be different with rabbits.

Thanks!

I've never had any trouble with it myself. Only if a tuft of fur from the lops got left in, then Nutmeg might have a go at Smudge. But other than that I always found I didn't get territorial behaviour when outside. Inside they'd mark if an area was shared but that's not really an issue out on grass.

It could mean diseases spread but I always figured as they were only a few metres from each other anyway it didn't make much difference.

Back