• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much would you pay for...

supersonic

Mama Doe
An art college student who is going on to study photography next year at university to take pictures of your pets? :D

I'm thinking of printing off some cards so that I can make a bit of money whilst building up my portfolio, and I wondered if you guys would tell me how much you would be willing to pay?

Here are my ideas...

It would be an at home shoot, just the pet in their own environment
I would go along and take the pictures
Put them on my laptop whilst i was there so they could pick some of their favourite pictures
Put them on a disc at home so they could have an unlimited number of each picture that they choose

I would do packages, maybe the starting one would be 5 pictures, then 10 for a little bit less than double, you get me?

So I guess I'm saying, how much would you, or anyone you know, be willing to pay for 5/10/15 and so on, pictures of your pets?

If you could help me out it'd be much appreciated, thought this would be the best place to go!!! :wave:

I've never had pictures of my pets taken before so this is just my personal what I would pay, could be way less or more than normal I wouldn't know! But I'd happily pay about £40-£50 I guess :/

I've never had pictures of my pets taken before so this is just my personal what I would pay, could be way less or more than normal I wouldn't know! But I'd happily pay about £40-£50 I guess :/

Oh, blimey, i was thinking a LOT less than that! Bearing in mind that they would only be on a disc... Anyway, thank you!

Not being funny but it really would depend on what quality of pictures, especially if blown up in a frame..

If they were crystal clear , I'd pay around £25 for a disc.....

Fee

Not being funny but it really would depend on what quality of pictures, especially if blown up in a frame..

If they were crystal clear , I'd pay around £25 for a disc.....

Fee

They are clear, I have a Nikon D3100 and the quality I shoot at can be blown up to A2 without loosing quality. And I could possibly borrow an even better camera from college.

Thank you!

Yeah depending on quality and everything I would happily pay £30+ :) A girl I went to school with does photography as a hobby and she's really good, went to college but has a realistic job at The Range as photography wasn't going great for her on its own. But as a "part time" thing she gets quite a lot :thumb: she just bought a white screen thing especially and her photos are fantastic. She charges around £30/40 for an hour or more and does both discs and photos as a standard but she has the facilities for photos too :D

Going from the fab quality pictures you take I would say you could charge a decent amount! :thumb:

Yeah depending on quality and everything I would happily pay £30+ :) A girl I went to school with does photography as a hobby and she's really good, went to college but has a realistic job at The Range as photography wasn't going great for her on its own. But as a "part time" thing she gets quite a lot :thumb: she just bought a white screen thing especially and her photos are fantastic. She charges around £30/40 for an hour or more and does both discs and photos as a standard but she has the facilities for photos too :D

Going from the fab quality pictures you take I would say you could charge a decent amount! :thumb:

Haha, ta ;)
That's the thing, I don't think I would print the photos, so it would just be a disc which is why I'm thinking slightly cheaper than that :)

Dont sell yourself short... You'd have travel etc to pay for... People will pay good money if quality is there.

Good luck to you...!!,

Here's one I took today (just a random dog, owner wasn't there so I couldn't pester them for money!!!)

I just love his eyes <3

DSC_0134.jpg

This. I know a professional photographer would charge a LOT more!

Your photos are lovely too. I can never get decent photos of the buns :(

Back