• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Geriatric Boyfriend Wanted for Young at Heart Neutered Female

davies67

Warren Scout
Hello.

We have decided with winter bearing in that delilah must get a new boyfriend. We had a chat last night and she says she would prefer an older chap who can just hang out with her in the day, maybe play some hide and seek in the tunnel and for major sunggles at night.
Agewise 8 is really the lowest age with anything older brilliant.
As for Size we need a smallish rabbit as sadly we dont have the space for any larger characters. We have an outdoor setup but since moving house we have no grass so rabbits used to a slabbed run would be ideal. We have also considered fostering any placid buns until they find their forever home if local. Any candidates please get in touch :)

Hello.

We have decided with winter bearing in that delilah must get a new boyfriend. We had a chat last night and she says she would prefer an older chap who can just hang out with her in the day, maybe play some hide and seek in the tunnel and for major sunggles at night.
Agewise 8 is really the lowest age with anything older brilliant.
As for Size we need a smallish rabbit as sadly we dont have the space for any larger characters. We have an outdoor setup but since moving house we have no grass so rabbits used to a slabbed run would be ideal. We have also considered fostering any placid buns until they find their forever home if local. Any candidates please get in touch :)

Hi, have you had a look on the Rabbit re-home website?

There are over 33,000 rabbits in rescue needing forever homes. Many rescues will do the bonding for you in exchange for a small donation.:thumb:

Don't forget it is Delilah's choice of bunny boyfriend........not yours!!!! Sorry.

Best of luck in finding her a new friend.:thumb:

Hi there
Yes I searched for a rabbit on the rr website first but only rabbits aged 6-7 are listed on here so I thought I would ask incase there were some older rabbits not yet listed. Hopefully the right one will hop by soon:)

Hi there
Yes I searched for a rabbit on the rr website first but only rabbits aged 6-7 are listed on here so I thought I would ask incase there were some older rabbits not yet listed. Hopefully the right one will hop by soon:)

Age is not neccessarily a key factor in my experience. Keep looking though, there must be a perfect bunny out there just waiting for a wonderful forever home.

Good luck with your quest - I'm not sure this is what you will want to hear but the age profile of bunnies in rescue tends to be completely different for that of cats and dogs; virtually all rescue bunnies are young because people give them up quite quickly when they realise that they aren't the cute cuddly pets they hoped for. Earlier this year I was hunting for an oldie for my Heather who was bereaved at 9, and I ended up adopting a 4 year old for her because I just couldn't find any older bunnies in rescue. I didn't really want to go anywhere near that young but as it happens they are an incredibly good match and I am really very happy with the pairing. I did find a 6-year old french lop and I figured that as giant bunnies have shorter lifespans, that might be about the equivalent of 8+ in a smaller bunny, but by the time I'd waited for the home check, the bunny had already been snapped up. Old bunnies do come in occasionally but it's rare, and they are also snapped up extremely quickly when they do come in.

If you're absolutely dead set on a real oldie, I think you'll have to be really proactive ringing round rescues as you're unlikely to find one very easily. Otherwise, I think it's worth thinking of casting the net a little wider...while age is a factor in determining whether the buns will be a suitable match especially when you want one that is very calm, there are also a lot of very gentle, calm slightly younger buns out there too.

Good luck xx

Back