• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Squirrels

Fred and Lils mum

Warren Scout
This may seem a silly question but are squirrels a threat to rabbits, I had totally forgot we have squirrels running on our fence at this time of year. Do you think the squirrel will be more scared of my 2 rabbits or the other way round?

id keep an eye out as once at nans there was this squirrel we called nasty as it squeled threats and everythng, and it saw my rabbit rosie one day and started making the noise at her, stayed by her incase it tried to go for her as you never know

id keep an eye out as once at nans there was this squirrel we called nasty as it squeled threats and everythng, and it saw my rabbit rosie one day and started making the noise at her, stayed by her incase it tried to go for her as you never know

Thanks for replying....i will keep an eye on things.

I have squirrels nesting in the bottom of our garden and have had for the last 14 years. They've never posed a threat to my bunnies yet. Neighbours roof yes, rabbits no. The squirrel somehow managed to get into my neighbour's attic, chewed through an electric cable and set the roof on fire. Luckily we were all home at the time and the fire service managed to put it out before the fire damaged much of their house. I used to love them being around but not so much now. Can't bear the noise they make.:wave:

I've got loads of squirrels, this morning I had 6 squirrels on the porch at the same time (I feed them) :love:

I really doubt they'd be a threat to bunnies.

A while ago a squirrel did jump off the fence and land on Louie's head, I assume by accident!

I love our squirrels, I feed them and if they run out they shout at me for more :lol: One night in the summer (on one of the few summer days we had) one came and sat next to us when we were having dinner - so there was me, hubby, rupert, tia and sandy (the friendliest squirrel of them all, I call her Sandy) :lol:

Back